Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays
Would love another day of Yom tov!

top mom

Post Mon, Oct 17 2022, 1:51 pm
So sad that this whole season is over 😞
Yes, there were plenty challenging moments, and constantly having erev Shabbos/ Yom Tov had its stresses.
But there's something so special about it!
I hear dancing and singing from my window, most of our families keep 2 days, I would really love to have another day!
Okay, off to the laundry and cleaning...

Reality

Post Mon, Oct 17 2022, 2:09 pm
That's funny. I really thought I'd miss 2 day Yom tov but I really don't. We really love the extra day of chol hamoed. I already wonder how I handled all the cooking and how we ate so many meals!

SG18

Post Mon, Oct 17 2022, 2:11 pm
A lot of shuls/yeshivot (at least in our area) are doing hakafot tonight! Is there an option for that in your area?

I don't miss the second day of chag, it feels much more natural like this (maybe because Shabbat is one day as well? Unsure).

Elfrida

Post Mon, Oct 17 2022, 2:17 pm
I've just come home after hakafos shniot, a f I'm trying g to catch up with the laundry, and process the fact that I have a full day of work tomorrow. And the next day, and the day after, and every day until the elections, which aren't exactly a spiritual process.

I don't want another day of Yom Tov, but I wish it wasn't just schools that had isru chag off. I could do with a day to just adjust to normal life again.

Reality

Post Mon, Oct 17 2022, 2:31 pm
If I had a full day of work tomorrow I also would be not the happiest camper. My office is closed tomorrow, so I'm only going in late in the day to get a heads start so it won't be crazy the following day.

salt

Post Tue, Oct 18 2022, 3:26 am
The only reason I'm happy to be back at work today, is because it makes my kids feel better when I can commiserate with them when they go back to school tomorrow, and say "I was already back at work yesterday, and it's not that bad!"

DrMom

Post Tue, Oct 18 2022, 3:53 am
I wish I had Isru Chag off so I can take extra time to do laundry, clean up, etc.

I do not want two-day Yom Tovim. I like celebrating according to the timeline we are supposed to use in our homeland.

Elfrida

Post Tue, Oct 18 2022, 4:15 am
I'm sitting at work, and can hear a chutznik second day minyan across the road celebrating Simchat Torah. Very weird.

Bnei Berak 10

Post Tue, Oct 18 2022, 5:15 am
Elfrida wrote:
I've just come home after hakafos shniot, a f I'm trying g to catch up with the laundry, and process the fact that I have a full day of work tomorrow. And the next day, and the day after, and every day until the elections, which aren't exactly a spiritual process.

I don't want another day of Yom Tov, but I wish it wasn't just schools that had isru chag off. I could do with a day to just adjust to normal life again.

Isru chag is my pet peeve.

shabbatiscoming

Post Tue, Oct 18 2022, 5:51 am
Im completely done. I cant wait for "acharei hachagim" to start and to get back to the regular life.
It was way too tzafuf being chag, shabbat, chag shabbat. I love sukot, but everything was too together this year.

And I also hate isru chag. I dont get the point of schools having one more day off.

Elfrida

Post Tue, Oct 18 2022, 6:24 am
shabbatiscoming wrote:
Im completely done. I cant wait for "acharei hachagim" to start and to get back to the regular life.

Acharei hachagim started at 8:00am this morning!

Next up: likraat habechirot

And Chanukah is coming over the horizon...

shabbatiscoming

Post Tue, Oct 18 2022, 7:01 am
Elfrida wrote:
Acharei hachagim started at 8:00am this morning!

Next up: likraat habechirot

And Chanukah is coming over the horizon...
Next day off for the whole country Smile

banana123

Post Tue, Oct 18 2022, 8:03 am
shabbatiscoming wrote:
Next day off for the whole country Smile

Nope.

ER docs, police officers, first responders (MDA, United Hatzalah), firefighters, journalists, radio stations/ TV stations, some grocery stores and pharmacies....ALL still work on election day.

But, if you work on election day, you get 200% pay.

shabbatiscoming

Post Tue, Oct 18 2022, 8:10 am
banana123 wrote:
Nope.

ER docs, police officers, first responders (MDA, United Hatzalah), firefighters, journalists, radio stations/ TV stations, some grocery stores and pharmacies....ALL still work on election day.

But, if you work on election day, you get 200% pay.
Right, sorry, of course. 3 years ago I worked on election day. I worked for a service company.

So most of the country Smile

essie14

Post Tue, Oct 18 2022, 10:26 am
I love celebrating the chagim the way the Torah intended. One day.
The way it fell out this year was hard with a Shabbat in between every chag.
I love Sukkot but I am happy to go back to routine.

Raisin

Post Tue, Oct 18 2022, 3:33 pm
I really would appreciate yom tov more if we only had one day of chag. Its like being force fed chocolate...some is great but too much not so much.

I do like having 2 sedarim but that is it.

imaima

Post Tue, Oct 18 2022, 3:36 pm
top mom wrote:
So sad that this whole season is over 😞
Yes, there were plenty challenging moments, and constantly having erev Shabbos/ Yom Tov had its stresses.
But there's something so special about it!
I hear dancing and singing from my window, most of our families keep 2 days, I would really love to have another day!
Okay, off to the laundry and cleaning...

Don’t worry, Shabbat is round the corner
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics