Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Mesivta

amother
OP

Post Wed, Oct 19 2022, 11:45 am
Looking for reccomendations for high school for my 8th grade son.
He needs a warm and understanding yeshiva where each rebbi is geshmak and makes learning an amazing experience.
A yeshiva where each boy is pumped up and told how amazing they are no matter if they have a hard time sitting all day or are a bit out of line.
A place where boys are motivated to daven and learn because its geshmak.
Also, a mesivta for a boy who cant neccesarily sit and learn 10-12 hours straight but is a good frum yeshivish boy with a great personality and very caring always looking to help.

Is there such a mesivta??

We are in NY but willing to go oot.

TIA

amother
Beige

Post Wed, Oct 19 2022, 1:35 pm
We just started at YeshivasToras Chaim in Baltimore (they have a dorm) and cannot be happier.

monseymom25

Post Wed, Oct 19 2022, 2:13 pm
Maybe Breuer's?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Oct 19 2022, 2:28 pm
amother Beige wrote:
We just started at YeshivasToras Chaim in Baltimore (they have a dorm) and cannot be happier.

Is this a new yeshiva? What type of boys are there?

Would love to hear more about it if your comfortable

amother
OP

Post Wed, Oct 19 2022, 2:37 pm
amother Beige wrote:

I just looked at their website and it really looks like something that may be great for my son. If there is a way we can be in touch please let me know.
TIA

amother
Ginger

Post Wed, Oct 19 2022, 2:42 pm
Yeshiva of Greater Washington if you don’t mind it being a mix of types (some yeshivish some not). It’s in Silver Spring Maryland.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 20 2022, 6:29 am
Bump
Any other suggestions?

amother
Beige

Post Fri, Oct 21 2022, 1:55 pm
Hi, I'm sorry I didn't respond sooner. I'd be happy to talk to you but don't want to share my contact info publicly. Do you have an email address I can use?

amother
Grape

Post Fri, Oct 21 2022, 2:40 pm
Sounds like Minneapolis would be a good fit, but from what I hear it is super hard to get into because there are so many boys applying

amother
Beige

Post Sat, Oct 22 2022, 5:15 pm
West Bloomfield may also be a good option.

BH5

Post Sat, Oct 22 2022, 5:39 pm
amother Beige wrote:
Hi, I'm sorry I didn't respond sooner. I'd be happy to talk to you but don't want to share my contact info publicly. Do you have an email address I can use?

Im responding with my user name. Can you please pm me

BH5

Post Sun, Oct 23 2022, 6:46 am
amother Grape wrote:
Sounds like Minneapolis would be a good fit, but from what I hear it is super hard to get into because there are so many boys applying

Thanks...it does look like a possibility. Do you know what type of boys go there?
How is the dorm? Is there good supervision?

amother
Grape

Post Sun, Oct 23 2022, 7:24 am
Quote:
Thanks...it does look like a possibility. Do you know what type of boys go there?

I personally have no experience with it, but I have a friend with a son there that raves about it.

amother
Poinsettia

Post Sun, Oct 23 2022, 11:28 am
BH5 wrote:

From what I heard there is a nice group of boys there. Not many boys from NY/NJ area (a lot of OOT) but there are a few. The dorms are fairly new and nice, and they take good care of the boys. There is also a Beis Medresh program. Mainstream, "with it" type, white shirts, hats, no smartphones.The school is very sports centric so if your are not into playing sports you won't fit in. Learning is encouraged through incentive programs. Boys who are there are generally very happy . Not many Yeshivas around that are like it, combined with small class size makes it very hard to get in.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Oct 23 2022, 11:30 am
amother Poinsettia wrote:
From what I heard there is a nice group of boys there. Not many boys from NY/NJ area (a lot of OOT) but there are a few. The dorms are fairly new and nice, and they take good care of the boys. There is also a Beis Medresh program. Mainstream, "with it" type, white shirts, hats, no smartphones.The school is very sports centric so if your are not into playing sports you won't fit in. Learning is encouraged through incentive programs. Boys who are there are generally very happy . Not many Yeshivas around that are like it, combined with small class size makes it very hard to get in.

Thanks so much! This sounds right up my sons alley Smile

amother
OP

Post Sun, Oct 23 2022, 11:33 am
amother Beige wrote:
West Bloomfield may also be a good option.

Can you tell me more about the yeshiva? Is the learning intense? What type of boys go there? Are there any extra curricular subjects?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics