Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Just tested positive what to do

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 20 2022, 9:50 pm
I am so out of the loop.
I just tested positive (have not had Covid previously) and I have no idea what I am supposed to do. I do not have a doctor-yes I know that is bad and I should take care of my health.

Where do I start?
So far, my throat is scratchy and my ears feel uncomfortable when I swallow.

I feel so stupid. I wore a mask diligently until about 3 weeks ago because I was tired of feeling like a social leper and being the only one on RH still in a mask. That will teach me not to give in to peer pressure.

amother
Sunflower

Post Thu, Oct 20 2022, 9:52 pm

amother
Sage

Nothing to do. Will go away in a few days, it’s just a virus. As long as your symptoms are tolerable and no SOB.

Highstrung

Refuah Shelaimah. There’s nothing you need to do but to rest and drink lots of fluids. May your symptoms be mild and may it pass quickly.

Java

Post Thu, Oct 20 2022, 9:53 pm
amother Sunflower wrote:
You've been wearing masks for the past three years? Banging head

Helpful Rolling Eyes

amother
Cognac

Post Thu, Oct 20 2022, 9:54 pm
If you bh have no medical condition then I would say just treat yourself like when you have a cold.. hot liquids , tea chicken soup , garlic, lemon etc...

If there is a medical condition then ask a doctor...

ra_mom

Post Thu, Oct 20 2022, 9:54 pm
Get medicated before it turns bad. You need to catch it now when it's uncomfortable before you suddenly turn around and feel really sick. First 2 days you think you'll manage but then it gets out of control (the first time someone has covid is different).
Where are you located? Can we help you find a doctor.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 20 2022, 9:55 pm
amother Sunflower wrote:
You've been wearing masks for the past three years? Banging head

Yes. Yes I have. I know you think I am stupid, but when you work in a hospital, some of us have PTSD. Anyhow, I avoid it until I was stupid and let people like you get into my head. Thanks for your uplifting and helpful comment.

amother
Cognac

Post Thu, Oct 20 2022, 9:58 pm
Op do you have fever ?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 20 2022, 9:58 pm
ra_mom wrote:
Get medicated before it turns bad. You need to catch it now when it's uncomfortable before you suddenly turn around and feel really sick. First 2 days you think you'll manage but then it gets out of control (the first time someone has covid is different).
Where are you located? Can we help you find a doctor.

What medication do I want. I can get the MD I work with to prescribe for me if I present with a good idea backed up with evidence., but she herself is not so familiar as it is not her specialty. (5 years ago she prescribed motion sickness meds when I went on a cruise).

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 20 2022, 9:59 pm
amother Cognac wrote:
Op do you have fever ?

No, and the line was very faint.
Don’t know what tomorrow will bring.

Do we still say Tylenol and not Advil?

amother
Cognac

Post Thu, Oct 20 2022, 10:01 pm
amother OP wrote:
What medication do I want. I can get the MD I work with to prescribe for me if I present with a good idea backed up with evidence., but she herself is not so familiar as it is not her specialty. (5 years ago she prescribed motion sickness meds when I went on a cruise).
paxlovid , or anti body treatment.. but from the way you sound it seems you might not need it..
Ask a doctor if you feel you want to
Refua shelema

newinbp

Post Thu, Oct 20 2022, 10:22 pm
Vit c every hour and zinc during the day. drink tea and rest.

PinkFridge

Post Thu, Oct 20 2022, 10:23 pm
amother OP wrote:
Yes. Yes I have. I know you think I am stupid, but when you work in a hospital, some of us have PTSD. Anyhow, I avoid it until I was stupid and let people like you get into my head. Thanks for your uplifting and helpful comment.

Maybe it was bashert that you get Covid, and that you have the agmas nefesh from second guessing this decision.
Let's assume you've had your fill of agmas nefesh, and now you can let it go.
Refuah shleima and may you have lasting antibodies for all possible variants.

bnm

Post Thu, Oct 20 2022, 10:33 pm
amother OP wrote:
No, and the line was very faint.
Don’t know what tomorrow will bring.

Do we still say Tylenol and not Advil?

I thought they disproved that.

Motrin. Tea.
Keep hydrated.

amother
Stonewash

Post Thu, Oct 20 2022, 10:34 pm
amother OP wrote:
I am so out of the loop.
I just tested positive (have not had Covid previously) and I have no idea what I am supposed to do. I do not have a doctor-yes I know that is bad and I should take care of my health.

Where do I start?
So far, my throat is scratchy and my ears feel uncomfortable when I swallow.

I feel so stupid. I wore a mask diligently until about 3 weeks ago because I was tired of feeling like a social leper and being the only one on RH still in a mask. That will teach me not to give in to peer pressure.

It’s like a flu in a few days you will be fine

ra_mom

Post Thu, Oct 20 2022, 10:58 pm
amother OP wrote:

Have her prescribe augmentin in case you start coughing so it doesn't go to your lungs, and 6 pack of steroids in case you feel like your sinuses/throat are so inflamed you can't manage. Keep it on hand, as shabbos is coming. You don't have to take right away or at all if you feel you don't need it.
Take vitamins like Quercetin-Max which has a full regimen of Quercetin, Zinc, Elderberry, D3 and Vitamin C all together in 1 bottle, a few times a day starting right away.
Refuah Shelaima!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics