Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Fish
Peanut Butter-Glazed Salmon and Green Beans

Amarante

Post Fri, Oct 21 2022, 1:01 pm
This was very good and sheet pan preparations are great because everything is cooked at the same time - fewer dishes to wash. I served with brown rice - the baked rice recipe is foolproof.

Peanut Butter-Glazed Salmon and Green Beans

This fast and fun weeknight meal reveals an unexpected use for peanut butter, transforming it into a savory five-ingredient sauce. The pantry favorite is combined with tangy lemon juice, fragrant ginger and toasted sesame oil to create a rich, supernutty glaze that pairs well with fatty salmon. Here the salmon is roasted on a rack of green beans, but a bed of broccoli florets would be an excellent alternative. The sweet-salty glaze can be made a day ahead and brought to room temperature before using.

INGREDIENTS

Yield: 4 servings

1 pound green beans, trimmed
1 bunch scallions (about 6), halved lengthwise then cut crosswise into thirds
1 tablespoon minced garlic
3 tablespoons neutral oil, such as safflower or canola
Salt and black pepper
¼ cup smooth peanut butter (either conventional or natural works)
2 tablespoons lemon juice, plus lemon wedges for serving
2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
1 tablespoon grated peeled ginger
½ teaspoon toasted sesame oil
4 (6-ounce) center-cut salmon fillets (I used skinless)
¼ cup chopped unsalted roasted peanuts (optional)

PREPARATION

Heat oven to 450 degrees. On a large rimmed baking sheet, combine green beans, scallions, garlic and 2 tablespoons of the neutral oil; season with salt and pepper. Toss to evenly coat, then spread in an even layer.

Prepare the peanut butter glaze: In a small bowl, combine peanut butter, lemon juice, soy sauce, ginger, sesame oil and 1 tablespoon water. Season with salt and pepper, then whisk until smooth.

Rub salmon with the remaining 1 tablespoon neutral oil and season with salt. Arrange salmon on top of beans and spoon half of the peanut butter glaze on top of the fish. Roast for 5 minutes, then spoon over the remaining glaze. Roast until salmon is cooked to medium and beans are crisp-tender, 5 to 7 minutes more, depending on thickness.

Divide salmon and beans among serving plates. Top with peanuts and serve with lemon wedges.

rae

Post Fri, Oct 21 2022, 3:37 pm
Sounds yum. Hope to try this. ThNk you.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics