Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene
Who had an unusually good yr? (S/O Predictions for new year)
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Sat, Oct 22 2022, 11:06 pm
Who had an unusually good year, this past year?

If you can, please share what made the year unusually good.

amother
SandyBrown

Post Sat, Oct 22 2022, 11:25 pm
Thank you Hashem, had a child, bought our first house and first car, got a promotion at work, dh started to really grow his business, boys got into good yeshivas, I got pregnant again

amother
Bronze

Post Sat, Oct 22 2022, 11:33 pm
amother SandyBrown wrote:
Thank you Hashem, had a child, bought our first house and first car, got a promotion at work, dh started to really grow his business, boys got into good yeshivas, I got pregnant again

So full of blessings! Wow!

amother
Lavender

Post Sun, Oct 23 2022, 12:00 am
I had a good year in terms of parnassa.

I have been very neglectful for many years in giving Maaser. A few months ago I finally made a strong decision to start giving Maaser scrupulously. I have seen my parnassa shoot up from the second month after starting to give Maaser.

Also, my oldest daughter finally got engaged, after being in shidduchim for a few years.

BH my kids are all doing well.
One of my kids was severely delayed in speech a year ago and is now basically on par with his age.

amother
Chocolate

Post Sun, Oct 23 2022, 12:04 am
My oldest daughter got engaged- I wasn’t even looking for a shidduch for her yet- to someone in my own neighborhood that I didn’t know existed. They got married a few months ago, and they’re literally the cutest couple ever. I also dealt with a serious educational issue with one of my kids, and he BH had a wonderful year.

amother
Outerspace

Post Sun, Oct 23 2022, 12:05 am
amother Lavender wrote:

I have been very neglectful for many years in giving Maaser. A few months ago I finally made a strong decision to start giving Maaser scrupulously. I have seen my parnassa shoot up from the second month after starting to give Maaser.

Also, my oldest daughter finally got engaged, after being in shidduchim for a few years.

One of my kids was severely delayed in speech a year ago and is now basically on par with his age.

Thank You for the encouragment in maaser giving!

amother
Amethyst

Post Sun, Oct 23 2022, 12:06 am
Following

amother
Daylily

Post Sun, Oct 23 2022, 12:08 am
amother Lavender wrote:

Can you read and respond here?
https://www.imamother.com/foru.....19548
Didn't want to hijack this thread...

amother
Banana

Post Sun, Oct 23 2022, 1:29 am
I survived serious illness. Hashem should help further.

amother
Clover

Post Sun, Oct 23 2022, 1:35 am
Bought an apartment, had a baby, good parnasa and household help after lots of struggles in all those areas. But I am struggling with my sense of happiness and fulfillment.

amother
Apricot

Post Sun, Oct 23 2022, 1:57 am
Best year for me in terms of emotional health. Thank You Hashem! Please just keep making it better for me and my family!

amother
Bronze

Post Sun, Oct 23 2022, 2:17 am
amother Apricot wrote:
Best year for me in terms of emotional health. Thank You Hashem! Please just keep making it better for me and my family!

Care to share how?

amother
Hunter

Post Sun, Oct 23 2022, 3:49 am
I love this thread!
Dh got a raise
Gave birth to DC2 who is such a happy baby bh

Chana Miriam S

Post Sun, Oct 23 2022, 4:51 am
Last year, I went back to high school, took English ( ironic bc I had a degree) as well as biology and chemistry and then applied to and was accepted to nursing school. It’s been a big challenge but I’m happy I did it and consider It to have been a pretty impressive accomplishment.

Also my daughter graduated from university, got engaged and will be starting a new job in November. Baruch HaShem!

amother
Goldenrod

Post Sun, Oct 23 2022, 5:39 am
I already thanked Hashem for all the good he will grant me and my family this year. So I know an amazing year is coming.

amother
Jetblack

Post Sun, Oct 23 2022, 7:07 am
Dh finally agreed to go to couples therapy and we started a few months ago. Change is happening B”H, slowly but definitely happening.

I started a new job that pays much better than my old one, after being underemployed and making way less money than I needed to for several years. This was a big neis because I was fired from my last good job due to my toxic boss and had an even worse boss before that, so I had no real references (my references were former colleagues who no longer work at those places, rather than anyone who was my supervisor), and if HR had bothered to look into things they would have realized that. But because I’ve always networked and built connections with other people in my field, a couple of people at my current job knew me and vouched enthusiastically for me, so my references were never called. Thank you Hashem!! The new job is going well B”H six months in, and the work environment is so positive.

My whole family continues to be healthy B”H!!

I worked on myself a lot this past year and became a much calmer mother and more accepting of my own weaknesses and other peoples’ weaknesses. Feels like a huge shift.

amother
Apricot

Post Sun, Oct 23 2022, 12:57 pm
amother Bronze wrote:
Care to share how?

Therapy. Lots and lots of inner work.

amother
Hibiscus

Post Sun, Oct 23 2022, 12:58 pm
amother OP wrote:
Who had an unusually good year, this past year?

If you can, please share what made the year unusually good.

After a few years of secondary infertility in bh expecting now. Hard year but definitely good bH!!

amother
Vermilion

Post Sun, Oct 23 2022, 1:01 pm
I know this will be surprising to many but last year was an unusually good year because... I got divorced! BH it's been an incredible year for me and my kids and iy"H should just continue. I cannot be more grateful!
(It's a little ... awkward I guess, because everyone feels soooooo bad for me and I could not be happier!)

amother
Mint

Post Sun, Oct 23 2022, 1:05 pm
Definitely not me, but hoping for a better year this year iyH...so glad to hear the brachos that people are experiencing, it's been a very rough few years for me and a lot of family members so I'd forgotten that people actually have good years anymore!
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics