Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Child & Baby Products
What's the "in" toy for a 6 year old girl?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 24 2022, 10:23 am
Need to buy a gift and want to get her something "cool". Would be willing to spend up to $100. Preferably something that can be played with friends

amother
Denim

Post Mon, Oct 24 2022, 10:36 am
Chinese jump rope. But it’s $1.25

GrowingUp

Post Mon, Oct 24 2022, 10:39 am
A trip with a friend to the slime museum.

Otherwise, what another Denim said. Chinese jump rope, jump rope, scented markers, Polly pocket sets. Six year old girls are very easy to please imo.

flowerpower

Post Mon, Oct 24 2022, 10:48 am
My kids and the neighbors are very into Polly Pocket now. They make sure cute sets these days

amother
Whitesmoke

Post Mon, Oct 24 2022, 10:56 am
As an experienced mother. I would say whatever 1 kid has that no other friend has is "cool" but it also depends on the group of friends. Dr stickers are still in style in my daughter's class the cool girl is the one with the most. Another daughter's friend had her own big Playmobil set and another had a large amount of build the bears with accessories. If the 6 year old likes dolls I would buy a 18 inch doll cheap and loads of accessories.

amother
Firebrick

Post Mon, Oct 24 2022, 10:58 am
If you're ready to spend $100, I'd say an American Girl doll. Every girl's dream.

amother
Yellow

Post Mon, Oct 24 2022, 11:00 am
Playmobil sets

amother
Crocus

Post Mon, Oct 24 2022, 11:07 am
Stuff both my DDs loved at age 6 and my oldest still loves at age 9:

- Playmobil
- Lego
- Doll furniture, cars (they already have dolls)
- toy babies (like 3 inches or so long) and tiny baby accessories (mini bottle, crib, high chair, diapers)
- mini doll-size foods and other items (backpacks, laptops, water bottles, phone, lunchbox)
- modeling clay in lots of colors
- jewelry making supplies
- watercolor markers
- cute/fancy office supplies, like colorful notepads, multi-color pens, decked out pencil cases with lots of compartments

amother
Peachpuff

Post Mon, Oct 24 2022, 11:12 am
Ah I don't know. First off, they're more than $100 (especially if you buy even only 1 other dress) We won a large gift certificate in a chinese auction BH and my daughter found the store fun and exciting. But the allure of the doll (and dresses) wore off pretty fast. I haven't seen her take them out in a good long while.

nicole81

Post Mon, Oct 24 2022, 11:21 am
My six year old girl loves, and her friends who come over like:

Playing house
Scratch art
Painting
Doll house stuff
Trampoline jumping
Drawing/Coloring/Art sets
Jump rope
Rollerblading (just learning)
Drawing on whiteboards
Playing with video cameras/ kids cameras that record

Really, most of their fun is cost free. Like they play with the old school plug in telephones and pretend to be mommies talking about their babies (dolls). I probably spend about $100/year in art supplies, but that's for all my kids.

If I had $100, I'd probably go for a camera/video camera, a pair of skates, or a fun day out to somewhere the kid wanted to go.

amother
Jetblack

Post Mon, Oct 24 2022, 1:03 pm
flowerpower wrote:
My kids and the neighbors are very into Polly Pocket now. They make sure cute sets these days

Not to derail, are Polly Pockets for 4 yr olds too or is it not age appropriate?

bsy

Post Mon, Oct 24 2022, 1:11 pm
amother Jetblack wrote:
Not to derail, are Polly Pockets for 4 yr olds too or is it not age appropriate?

My 4 year old son likes them too

amother
Snowdrop

Post Mon, Oct 24 2022, 7:31 pm
You can get her a bounce house

amother
Banana

Post Mon, Oct 24 2022, 8:32 pm
I have a 6 year old girl. If I had $100 for her I would get her either a really cool dollhouse with accessories or a collection of Barbie dolls and accessories.

Also regarding 18 inch dolls. My 6 year old would not appreciate an American girl doll. I would get good quality $25-$35 dollars and get 2 or 3 instead or get some more clothing to go with it.

nu

Post Tue, Oct 25 2022, 12:13 am
Indoor trampoline

erm

Post Tue, Oct 25 2022, 12:47 am
Reborn dolls (baby dolls that look very realistic)

GLUE

Post Tue, Oct 25 2022, 12:51 am
scooters with big wheels

Roots

Post Tue, Oct 25 2022, 3:09 am
I work in a 1st grade. some girs seem to have these baby dolls that make crying sounds- everyone orwds around them by recess. one of the girls told me its called a cry baby doll (but we are in israel so I don know)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics