Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
HELP how do I cook corned beef deckel?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 24 2022, 12:35 pm
I bought pickled corned beef deckel on sale and need to cook it before it goes bad. Anyone know how?

amother
Jasmine

Post Mon, Oct 24 2022, 12:42 pm
First of all, the pickling keeps it fresh longer that a non pickled piece of raw meat. You probably have three days to cook it or put it in the freezer. Fill a deep stock pot with water. Take meat out of the bag and put that and pickling spices into the pot. Meat should be covered with water. Put on high flame and turn down once it starts boiling. Cook for 3 hours. Let meat cool, remove from cooking liquid, and transfer to baking dish. Put a small amount of the cooking water in the dish (about a half cup). Cover with honey mustard. If you are planning to serve right away, cook in oven for about a 15-20 at 350 until mustard looks a little dry. Don't overcook. Let cool and slice against grain. If you aren't serving it right away, let cool and refrigerate. Slice next day and heat covered for about 25 minutes or until hot. Don't dry out the meat.

amother
Copper

Post Mon, Oct 24 2022, 1:50 pm
amother OP wrote:
I bought pickled corned beef deckel on sale and need to cook it before it goes bad. Anyone know how?

Easiest way is put in 9x13 pan and cover with water, cover tightly. Bake in over for 3 hours. Remove and cool, put in fridge for slicing. You can serve it plain, with mustard, or make a sweetness sour sauce with tomato sauce, brown sugar, mustard, etc.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics