Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
Oorah Chinese Auction- messed up

amother

Post Sun, Jun 01 2008, 10:58 am
So, from an inside source I heard that the prizes that were announced publicly last night over the webcast and radio were to incorrect winners. The oorah website now shows a different list of winners. They actually woke up some winners at 3am to share the great news but now will they call them up and tell them it was actually a mistake and they didn't win anything at all???? I wonder what they will do about it but it was some pretty expensive prizes - so will they give them to both winners?????????

amother

Post Sun, Jun 01 2008, 11:01 am
to be honest, I never trusted the way it worked. I don't c''v mean they would intentionally mess up, but it just always sounded like a recipe for disaster. I prefer live chinese auctions so u can actually see them (or atleast I know other ppl can) pick out the names.

Mevater

Post Sun, Jun 01 2008, 11:04 am
amother wrote:
So, from an inside source I heard that the prizes that were announced publicly last night over the webcast and radio were to incorrect winners. The oorah website now shows a different list of winners. They actually woke up some winners at 3am to share the great news but now will they call them up and tell them it was actually a mistake and they didn't win anything at all???? I wonder what they will do about it but it was some pretty expensive prizes - so will they give them to both winners?????????
How could this happen- Winners were picked twice or two different ways? Anyone know?

dora

Post Sun, Jun 01 2008, 11:07 am
It looks like the names of the winners are from last year.

ClaRivka

Post Sun, Jun 01 2008, 11:10 am
I was so excited to here the auction and I waited up til 3:30 AM and they didnt even announce have the winners!

square_peg

Post Sun, Jun 01 2008, 11:13 am
Weird. they woke up the same people as last year? Didn't it make people wonder that they won the same exact prize as last year?

amother

Post Sun, Jun 01 2008, 11:14 am
imaof6 wrote:
It looks like the names of the winners are from last year.

Are you looking at the right site?? I won last year and I am not listed again for the same prize this year. Someone else won it. And as far as calling the winners, I was not called by Oorah until TWO days later. I saw I won from the website but they didn't even call till later, I guess they were so busy.

dora

Post Sun, Jun 01 2008, 11:25 am
I watched the auction early this morning, after they woke up people and spoke to them. at 3.30 they announced that because the computer cant keep up they will stop and just post the names later on. I checked and they only had about half the prizes with names, NON of the names were the same this morning so I thought maybe its last year's list. BTW I dont understand how come they kept telling people to call AFTER the picking started.

yummydd

Post Sun, Jun 01 2008, 1:53 pm
well they allow people to enter for othe prizes thats why they can call after the draw started!
I stayed up till 6am - English Time and there was nothing going on yet I was so dissapointed!

Mishie

Post Sun, Jun 01 2008, 1:58 pm
It prob. was NOT a good idea to have ppl keep on calling even after the time was up..... It messed up the whole system........
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics