Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Look what I found in my bag of Landaus Spelt Pretzels,
1  2  3  Next

amother
OP

Post Wed, Oct 26 2022, 10:06 pm
Was this an employee's way of having fun, or a message?

It looks like a sword to me.

amother
Bisque

Post Wed, Oct 26 2022, 10:51 pm
Looks like the pretzel making machine slipped up there. A few of the strands probably got pushed to the side and stuck together instead of being shaped into pretzels. I doubt any employees noticed it, there's probably a huge vat of pretzels that are automatically portioned into bags by weight.

I'd say it's a message. But I think it looks like a pen. Maybe Hashem wants you to write a novel, about a trapped pretzel factory worker who tries to use pretzels to let someone know about his plight, and the overwhelmed woman who becomes a heroine and rescues him from the salty factory owner?

octopus

Post Wed, Oct 26 2022, 11:04 pm
It looks like a yad (pointer for the Torah)

amother
Bluebell

Post Wed, Oct 26 2022, 11:05 pm
amother Bisque wrote:

I'd say it's a message. But I think it looks like a pen. Maybe Hashem wants you to write a novel, about a trapped pretzel factory worker who tries to use pretzels to let someone know about his plight, and the overwhelmed woman who becomes a heroine and rescues him from the salty factory owner?

LOL LOL LOL

giftedmom

Post Wed, Oct 26 2022, 11:05 pm
Thought this would be a mouse or something

amother
Ivory

Post Wed, Oct 26 2022, 11:17 pm
I thought it looked like a leg with a ballet foot position LOL

Frumwithallergies

Post Wed, Oct 26 2022, 11:26 pm
Omg
I opened this thread expecting to see a picture of a mouse, or a big bug LOL LOL

amother
OP

Post Wed, Oct 26 2022, 11:29 pm
No ne else thinks it looks like a sword?

Its attached to 1/2 pretzel, making it look like this photo.

Frumwithallergies

Post Wed, Oct 26 2022, 11:31 pm
I agree with amother Ivory that it looks like the leg of a ballet dancer on pointe Smile
Not like a sword, oP.

Have you been thinking of swords lately? Or tidying up a lot of sword toys lately?

amother
Stone

Post Thu, Oct 27 2022, 12:37 am
amother Bisque wrote:
Looks like the pretzel making machine slipped up there. A few of the strands probably got pushed to the side and stuck together instead of being shaped into pretzels. I doubt any employees noticed it, there's probably a huge vat of pretzels that are automatically portioned into bags by weight.?

So when I saw this picture I screenshotted it and sent it to dh. He's in the food line. He said it's a slip of the machine most probably. Often these food companies have workers who check to make sure such pieces don't fall into the bags. He said probably one of 2 things happened. 1. This particular company doesn't have a worker for this kind of job 2. They do have worker but missed this piece.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 27 2022, 12:50 am
amother Stone wrote:
So when I saw this picture I screenshotted it and sent it to dh. He's in the food line. He said it's a slip of the machine most probably. Often these food companies have workers who check to make sure such pieces don't fall into the bags. He said probably one of 2 things happened. 1. This particular company doesn't have a worker for this kind of job 2. They do have worker but missed this piece.

Maybe yes, maybe no.

Call me cookoo. To me it looks intentionally shaped into a sword or pointy weapon. Its not an abstract shape or blob.

DrMom

Post Thu, Oct 27 2022, 12:57 am
Frumwithallergies wrote:
Omg
I opened this thread expecting to see a picture of a mouse, or a big bug LOL LOL

Or a human finger.

amother
Razzmatazz

Post Thu, Oct 27 2022, 1:07 am
amother OP wrote:
Maybe yes, maybe no.

Call me cookoo. To me it looks intentionally shaped into a sword or pointy weapon. Its not an abstract shape or blob.

its definitely a message from a factory worker thats been tortured and punished for not bagging pretzels fast enough.
He's locked in a room by himself, bagging pretzels for 12 hrs straight, and this is his call for help. The symbolism of the sword can either be interpreted as the duress he's under, or maybe he's out for revenge and is sending a warning.

in either case, I would for sure look into it.

amother
Bisque

Post Thu, Oct 27 2022, 1:12 am
amother Razzmatazz wrote:
its definitely a message from a factory worker thats been tortured and punished for not bagging pretzels fast enough.
He's locked in a room by himself, bagging pretzels for 12 hrs straight, and this is his call for help. The symbolism of the sword can either be interpreted as the duress he's under, or maybe he's out for revenge and is sending a warning.

in either case, I would for sure look into it.

No, obviously that can't be! Because to shape things he would need to stop the assembly line, pull off raw dough ropes, shape the sword, and somehow sneak it back onto the line to get baked with the properly shaped pretzels.

I say that he is locked into the FACTORY, not locked into a room. And the sword was supposed to be a threat to the boss, but OP bought the wrong bag! And now the poor man is still suffering, because he can't even get a death threat right.

amother
Bluebell

Post Thu, Oct 27 2022, 1:13 am
You two are on a roll tonight!
Thanx for the laughs at 1am!!

amother
Bisque

Post Thu, Oct 27 2022, 1:24 am
...and now I am so tempted to ignore the laundry and the dishes and the work I'm supposed to be doing and draft a plan for a novel about a slavedriving pretzel factory owner, a desperate employee's attempts to escape, and a shidduch. (There HAS to be a shidduch in a Jewish novel.)

If my kids have nothing to wear tomorrow, it will be entirely your fault. (Does that shape look anything like a dirty sock?)

amother
Razzmatazz

Post Thu, Oct 27 2022, 1:36 am
amother Bisque wrote:
No, obviously that can't be! Because to shape things he would need to stop the assembly line, pull off raw dough ropes, shape the sword, and somehow sneak it back onto the line to get baked with the properly shaped pretzels.

I say that he is locked into the FACTORY, not locked into a room. And the sword was supposed to be a threat to the boss, but OP bought the wrong bag! And now the poor man is still suffering, because he can't even get a death threat right.

well he was always a klutz and could never get anything right, so its no surprise.
thats why he's also OTD. for ur novel.
his failures throughout the years really knocked him down and now he's at his breaking point and will do something rash if OP doesnt return the bag of pretzels immediately so he can get it to his boss.

amother
Bisque

Post Thu, Oct 27 2022, 1:46 am
well he was always a klutz and could never get anything right, so its no surprise.
thats why he's also OTD. for ur novel.
his failures throughout the years really knocked him down and now he's at his breaking point and will do something rash if OP doesnt return the bag of pretzels immediately so he can get it to his boss.

Excellent! And what is the backstory behind OP who is going to rush into the factory and save him, and obviously marry him? She is somehow on imamother but we know she can't be married because then she'd be cheating and only men cheat and also then our novel would be BANNED and all of the bochurim would read it.

So OP must be posting for an unmarried friend, who is NOT otd (she is going to marry him on the condition that he does Teshuvah and goes to Kollel, which she will afford after the hefty lawsuit they're bringing against the boss).

And then they will recognize and stand in awe at the Hashgacha Protis that SHE found the bag and not the boss, because the twisted boss would probably have just punished him for allowing a malformed pretzel past quality control instead of cowering in fear and yelling that his worker is free and just don't hurt me with oddly shaped en pointe dancers aka swords.

And all of the characters will become frum because nothing inspires a Jew more than a message from a pretzel.

amother
Razzmatazz

Post Thu, Oct 27 2022, 1:48 am
amother Bisque wrote:

And then they will recognize and stand in awe at the Hashgacha Protis that SHE found the bag and not the boss, because the twisted boss would probably have just punished him for allowing a malformed pretzel past quality control instead of cowering in fear and yelling that his worker is free and just don't hurt me with oddly shaped en pointe dancers aka swords.

no pun intended.

amother
Bisque

Post Thu, Oct 27 2022, 1:50 am
no pun intended.

Actually, very much intended!

I will have to curb my corny nature when writing the novel, unless I want to switch the setting to a tortilla chip factory.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen