Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women -> Teachers' Room
Starting a playgroup advice

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 27 2022, 8:44 pm
This is kind of a very specific issue . I’m an experienced morah- want to start a playgroup in my home for toddlers/ preschool age. Feel like it could be a solution to all the job and parenting stress I’m having.I have a masters degree in special ed as well. DH has a dog that he won’t get rid of. I say this because I’m not fond of the dog at all. I think she’s obnoxious ( and I’m BT not afraid of dogs at all. Usually I like them). Anyway is it all a stupid idea? No one would ever come by us ? Or if I kept the dogs in the basement or somewhere would I be able to get kids? Keep in mind that we’re OOT , live in a mixed community. Mostly Just plain frum and yeshivish folks but very oot of mindset . ( almost everyone I know is BT or child or grandchild of BTs)

amother
Honeysuckle

Post Thu, Oct 27 2022, 8:45 pm
If you're catering to a crowd with dogs at home, why would they mind?

amother
Bone

Post Thu, Oct 27 2022, 9:17 pm
, The dog could be part of the program. Once a week , the kids could play with the dog or read a book to him/her, etc. some people might like it.

amother
Honeydew

Post Thu, Oct 27 2022, 9:19 pm
Suuuper dependent on your crowd.
Personally I wouldn't be comfortable at all but I definitely know people who would have zero issue with it.

amother
Strawberry

Post Thu, Oct 27 2022, 9:42 pm
In my huge OOT community we had a woman running a playgroup who had a dog. The playgroup was extremely popular. She never had an enrollment issue.

amf

Post Thu, Oct 27 2022, 10:30 pm
My toddler would be thrilled to go to your playgroup! DC loves dogs and other pettable animals.
Also, parents might see it as a way to get kids used to animals, instead of being afraid, without having to own a pet. It all depends how OOT you are Wink

amother
Carnation

Post Thu, Oct 27 2022, 10:33 pm
The last group I sent DC the morah was also a dog sitter

She always had like 10 dogs at any given moment. She was full and never had any issues

amother
Bisque

Post Thu, Oct 27 2022, 10:36 pm
I sent to a babysitter that had a dog. She kept it away from the kids and it wasn't an issue. I would let the parents know you have a dog and you will keep it away if they prefer.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics