Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note
Is this a segulah?

kiti

Post Sun, Oct 30 2022, 8:44 am
I heard it was a segulah to keep your shabbos table and candle sticks out motzaei shabbos until the next day.

I forgot where I heard this from.

Is it a known segulah? What is the segulah for?

amother
Silver

Post Sun, Oct 30 2022, 9:31 am
I haven't heard of this as being a segula. But I can totally get behind this one. It sounds like it was made for people like me who can't be bothered cleaning up and will leave things for the next day.

Shoshana Rose

Post Sun, Oct 30 2022, 9:34 am
wealth

amother
Seafoam

Post Sun, Oct 30 2022, 9:44 am
I haven't heard about leaving the candlesticks on but leaving your Shabbos tablecloths on until Sunday is meant to be a segulah for parnassah.

PinkFridge

Post Sun, Oct 30 2022, 9:58 am
amother Seafoam wrote:
I haven't heard about leaving the candlesticks on but leaving your Shabbos tablecloths on until Sunday is meant to be a segulah for parnassah.

What's the source? I do because I don't want to get rid of Shabbos so fast.

amother
Babyblue

Post Sun, Oct 30 2022, 11:30 am
Whereas I dafka clean the leichter and put them away in the china cabinet as a sign that I'm already preparing for next Shabbes. If I used tea lights I refill the tea light holders. The cabinet shelf isn't tall enough to hold the leichter with candles in them, otherwise I'd fit the candles in the leichter and stow it all in the cabinet that way.

s1

Post Sun, Oct 30 2022, 12:24 pm
It’s a segula for shalom bayit so you don’t shout at your husband for not putting it away on motzei shabbat.

amother
Babyblue

Post Sun, Oct 30 2022, 5:35 pm
s1 wrote:
It’s a segula for shalom bayit so you don’t shout at your husband for not putting it away on motzei shabbat.

Funny you should say this, IIRC I recall someone saying that for a man to put his tallis away Motzash is a segulah for sholom bayis .

amother
Zinnia

Post Sun, Oct 30 2022, 5:50 pm
amother Babyblue wrote:
Funny you should say this, IIRC I recall someone saying that for a man to put his tallis away Motzash is a segulah for sholom bayis .

Yes that is a segula. My dh rarely does, but bh still have great shalom bayis Smile

notshanarishona

Post Sun, Oct 30 2022, 5:53 pm
Anything can be called a Segulah if you want it to be. That doesn’t mean it does anything.

amother
Stone

Post Sun, Oct 30 2022, 6:15 pm
amother Babyblue wrote:

I heard the story behind this one recently.
Seems like a wife was trying to get her husband to fold his tallis nicely to no avail. After weeks of trying, she put a handful of beans into his tails and when he put it on the next shabbos there was a commotion of flying beans all over the shul. It seems that that's where it comes from.

amother
Tangerine

Post Sun, Oct 30 2022, 6:17 pm
The biggest Segula for everything is not to speak Loshon Hora. When you speak Loshon Hora, you give all your good Mazel away. You won't believe how many people ignore this.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note