Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Changing Bed Linen at Home
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

How often do you change the bed linen in your house?
once a week  
 24%  [ 24 ]
once every two weeks  
 37%  [ 37 ]
once a month unless it must be done before  
 39%  [ 39 ]
Total Votes : 100

chavamom

Post Mon, Nov 21 2005, 11:46 am
double post

happymom

Post Mon, Nov 21 2005, 6:27 pm
my husband told me it is accepted by most.
this is what I found in Wikipedia.

"From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
Shulchan Aruch HaRav, or Shulkhan Arukh HaRav, ("Code of Jewish Law by the Rabbi") is a codification of halakha by Rabbi Shneur Zalman of Liadi, known during his lifetime as HaRav ("The Rabbi").

At a young age, Rabbi Shneur Zalman was asked by his teacher, Rabbi Dovber of Mezeritch to recodify the Shulkhan Arukh of Rabbi Yosef Karo so that laymen would be able to study Jewish law. The work thus states the decided halakha, as well as the underlying reasoning. The Shulchan Aruch HaRav is today used by Lubavitch Hasidim as their basis for daily practice.

Although widely accepted, the work was originally limited in printings. Much of the text was lost in a fire in Lubavich. Kehot Publication Society (2002) has recently issued a Bilingual Edition; in this work notations appear when Shneur Zalman's rulings are at variance with those in Yosef Karo`s Shulkhan Arukh. In other branches of Orthodox Judaism, the work is generally considered authoritative, and citations to it are found in non-Lubavitch sources such as the Mishnah Berurah and the Ben Ish Chai. Shulchan Aruch HaRav is one of three works on which Shlomo Ganzfried based his rulings in the Kitzur Shulkhan Arukh, the well known precis of Jewish law."

chavamom

Post Mon, Nov 21 2005, 10:13 pm
Most follow the Mishna Brurah in the yeshivish world which differs in some rulings.

happymom

Post Tue, Nov 22 2005, 9:50 am
my point is that the KITZUR SHULCHAN ORUXCH is based on the shulchan aruch harav!!!!! so if people wouldnt follow its ruling I dont know if that is ok. also in shulchan aruch harav there are about 5 names or so of Gedolim from those times who were NOT chabad who held by the shulchan aruch harav and held of the alter rebbe in the highest esteem.... People who dont go by this must not know what they shulchan aruch harav is exactly and who the alter rebbe was. If they use another shulchan aruch obviously thats fine. but if a person says they dont hold by this shulchan aruch... that is wrong becuase it is HALACHA and they must not realize that.

buba123

Post Tue, Nov 22 2005, 12:18 pm
I don't quite fit into the poll (sorry chavamom and happymom - off topic Wink ) - I change sheets and shams once a week. Every other week I wash the quilt cover.

Another topic - do any ppl. here use a quilt and then a sheet on top or do you use a zipper covered quilt? (Do I make any sense Rolling Eyes )

deedee

Post Tue, Nov 22 2005, 1:18 pm
I grew up in a warm climate so we used sheets and blankets. then I married my husband.... he grew up in a cold climate so they used comforter covers-bottem line is he couldnt keep a straight sheet on the bed so now we use comforter covers. which happen to be a lot more comfortable!

buba123

Post Tue, Nov 22 2005, 2:43 pm
deedee wrote:
bottem line is he couldnt keep a straight sheet on the bed

LOL LOL

The few times that I went to friends or inexpensive hotels that used sheets and blankets - hated it. I couldn't sleep - not used to it. (That's one of the reasons that I only like staying at 5* hotels Yes )

shoy18

Post Tue, Nov 22 2005, 2:53 pm
I grew up also only with quilt covers and I always hated going places where they used flat sheets its sooo uncomfortable it always gets tangled or you end up sleeping with only half the sheet

heres another one for you about linens, how soft are your sheets? my whole family is obssessed with extra extra soft linen and Ive got my hub hooked and he can never go back.

buba123

Post Wed, Nov 23 2005, 9:02 am
I'm also obsessed about that. My FIL always says - 2 things don't be cheap on - where you sleep (mattress, linen) and footwear. When you're not in one - you're in the other LOL .

tzivi

Post Wed, Nov 23 2005, 9:24 am
What a cute thing to say! Very Happy

buba123

Post Wed, Nov 23 2005, 2:56 pm
It's true, though.

mother of 2 princess's

Post Tue, Jan 03 2006, 4:55 pm
well I get my cleaner to do it once a week but I always have so much wahsing and towles etc and sheets tableclothes etc im considering doing it once every 2 weeks. my husband bought my washing machine and its some sort of energy saving machine and takes 3 hours to do a load it drives me crazy. then the freshen up wash is only 10 mins which isnt enough is it????

chocolate moose

Post Tue, Jan 03 2006, 7:32 pm
If the older kids can do their own, then it leaves you with less to change - I wouldn't do them all at once unless someone wet up, though.

Space it out. Just make sure the beds are changed consistently, according to what you want.

I would think that washing all that linen is a job too!

chen

Post Fri, Jan 06 2006, 9:44 am
IndyMom wrote:

our sheets were changed once a year - before pesach.

You are joking, yes?

RedVines

Post Fri, Jan 06 2006, 11:07 am
I actually started washing them every Friday... so far I can do it than and I love fresh sheets for shabbos!

Tila

Post Mon, Jan 09 2006, 2:30 pm
I am still symied over the once a year change!!

chanala

Post Mon, Jan 09 2006, 2:56 pm
IndyMom wrote:
]
our sheets were changed once a year - before pesach.

Whether they needed it or not? Tongue Out

mimsy7420

Post Mon, Aug 28 2006, 11:44 am
Just wanted to know what people's opinions were on this matter....

chen

Post Mon, Aug 28 2006, 12:56 pm
there was a thriead on this topic way back when--although IIRC it wasn't about general changing, just about changing before/after you have guests.

mimsy7420

Post Mon, Aug 28 2006, 1:04 pm
no, I was wondering how often everyone changes their own personal linens.
Page 4 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry