Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Our Challenging Children (gifted, ADHD, sensitive, defiant)
Need a good comeback

amother
OP

Post Sun, Oct 30 2022, 9:36 pm
Hi,
I recently had a down syndrome baby.
getting all comments such as "Hashem knows just who to choose!,such special parents or what a gift!

I need a good answer to these comments like oh you also really special im sure you would want one to etc but I dont want to cv curse someone.

amother
Hotpink

Post Sun, Oct 30 2022, 9:45 pm
Mazel Tov! May you have a lot of Nachas '
May HKB"H give you the koach you need.
I don't have any suggestions other than trying to ignore them.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Sun, Oct 30 2022, 9:47 pm
They’re trying to be nice, why do you need a comeback.

amother
Chestnut

Post Sun, Oct 30 2022, 9:47 pm
"May we all be zoche to Hashem's brachos in a revealed way."

Not a snarky comeback, but for those with a bit of sechel they might think twice before making a similar comment to others. Those without sechel won't get it but then again they wouldn't get a hammer over the head either...

Wishing you much koach and nachas, OP. Take your time to process. It's okay to grieve what you're not getting. It is not a sign of ungratefulness and will later give you space to accept your child.

amother
Offwhite

Post Sun, Oct 30 2022, 9:48 pm
amother OP wrote:
Hi,
I recently had a down syndrome baby.
getting all comments such as "Hashem knows just who to choose!,such special parents or what a gift!

I need a good answer to these comments like oh you also really special im sure you would want one to etc but I dont want to cv curse someone.

Come right out and say it.
I didn't ask for this. I'm very overwhelmed. Your empathy and support would be appreciated instead of you trying to sugarcoat it.

amother
Seablue

Post Sun, Oct 30 2022, 10:04 pm
I think people mean it with a full heart. They are really special neshomos and bring so much bracha to this earth. That being said I totally understand that it's not something you want to hear.

amother
Green

Post Mon, Oct 31 2022, 5:44 am
Just came here to say to OP:

Wishing you much bracha, hatzlacha, clarity, menuchas hanefesh and guidance as you set out on your new journey.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Our Challenging Children (gifted, ADHD, sensitive, defiant)