Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Has anyone bought Moreshet candlesticks or menorahs? What is

imarox

Post Mon, Oct 31 2022, 7:47 am
Am looking to replace a silver plated candelabra & menorah. Someone suggested Moreshet- does anyone have experience with Moreshet- does it tarnish badly etc. Thanks

Mayflower

Post Wed, Dec 14 2022, 7:31 am
bump ... I'm also curious. I see the price is about half that of sterling silver (so still pretty expensive). I'm told it's much much better than just 'silver plated' and should stay nice. But I'd love to hear from someone with personal experience.

Bnei Berak 10

Post Wed, Dec 14 2022, 8:19 am
Haddad Bros. in Israel (a less known chain for Sterling silver) sell Moreshet. It gives a certain credibility IMHO.
I only have kos Eliyahu Hanavi for Lel Haseder.
IMHO there is a visible difference between Moreshet and Sterling Silver.
If it's worth it? Depends how passionate you are about sterling silver or not.
I would only buy certain items which are used once a year. For items used every week I would buy sterling silver.
In case you are travelling to Israeli I highly recommend to buy here (prices were 50% cheaper than USA at least around 15 years ago)
If you don't have israeli citizenship you may buy in those stores who have VAT refund at the airport.
VAT Value added tax is currently 17%.

Mayflower

Post Wed, Dec 14 2022, 9:44 am
Thank you for your input. I agree that I would only consider buying this for once a year items such as a menorah or seder plate.
I'm looking into a menorah now (last minute, I know) which is why buying in Israel isn't an option, but for the future I will def keep it in mind. Does that mean that the prices in stores in Israel are 50% lower than what I see on websites such as hazorfim and hadadbros? If so, it would almost be worth it to travel just for this (especially with the VAT refund)!

Bnei Berak 10

Post Wed, Dec 14 2022, 10:00 am
Mayflower wrote:
Thank you for your input. I agree that I would only consider buying this for once a year items such as a menorah or seder plate.
I'm looking into a menorah now (last minute, I know) which is why buying in Israel isn't an option, but for the future I will def keep it in mind. Does that mean that the prices in stores in Israel are 50% lower than what I see on websites such as hazorfim and hadadbros? If so, it would almost be worth it to travel just for this (especially with the VAT refund)!

An american frum colleague of mine told me 15 years ago that sterling silver items cost 50% less than in the US.
You need to do your own research as things could have changed.
Hatzorfim and Haddad bros always have sales on certain items.
Also there are many small shops or even mechirot in private homes who may get your item cheaper for you. I have my favourite shop which usually can get me most of Hatzorfim products at a much better price.
For vat return you need to make sure the shop offers it. Not all shops have it. Again, you need to do a bit of research.
Don't forget ebay and other 2nd hand silver Smile
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics