Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
I regret getting an expensive full size stroller
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Wed, Nov 02 2022, 8:24 am
I live in a suburban area and basically drive everywhere. When folded the stroller doesn't have any convenient way to carry it, it's heavy, and it takes up my whole trunk. I end up just using my carseat with a Snap n Go instead of the actual frame most of the time. It's basically only useful for going to the playground or Shabbos walks. And when I go visit relatives who live in a city (where I would assume a full size stroller would have more utility) the stroller doesn't even fit down the aisle in some smaller stores.

I wish I would've skipped the big unnecessary purchase. Anyone with me?

amother
Broom

Post Wed, Nov 02 2022, 8:29 am
amother OP wrote:
I live in a suburban area and basically drive everywhere. When folded the stroller doesn't have any convenient way to carry it, it's heavy, and it takes up my whole trunk. I end up just using my carseat with a Snap n Go instead of the actual frame most of the time. It's basically only useful for going to the playground or Shabbos walks. And when I go visit relatives who live in a city (where I would assume a full size stroller would have more utility) the stroller doesn't even fit down the aisle in some smaller stores.

I wish I would've skipped the big unnecessary purchase. Anyone with me?

What was your thought process when you bought it?

SuperWify

Post Wed, Nov 02 2022, 8:31 am
I use my big stroller for walks. I never fold it. For the car we use a yo-yo.

gootlfriends

Post Wed, Nov 02 2022, 8:32 am
This is why I have 2 strollers. Expensive ($500) for walking, simpler cheaper one (150)for shopping and traveling. I wore my baby until she could sit in the shopping cart.

mha3484

Post Wed, Nov 02 2022, 8:32 am
Yes. I bought the vista with my now 8 year old and was a total waste for me. When I had my last baby I bought something totally different and its much better for my lifestyle.

amother
Zinnia

Post Wed, Nov 02 2022, 8:33 am
There are different strollers on the market for varying lifestyles & needs. I'd suggest you sell it now while it's barely used & buy something more suitable to your needs.

I have the uppababy minu, I highly recommend it.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Nov 02 2022, 8:33 am
amother Broom wrote:
What was your thought process when you bought it?

I wanted a bassinet stroller since it's better for a newborn. But how much do you really take a newborn on walks anyway? And the reviews were good - easy push, comfortable, nice looking, etc - all of that is true. But I guess this being my first baby I didn't realize how much of a con the large size/ large fold thing would be, and that it wouldn't fit into my lifestyle.

ETA also the fact that it could become a double was appealing, but now I see that the Vista is very bulky as a double.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Nov 02 2022, 8:36 am
mha3484 wrote:
Yes. I bought the vista with my now 8 year old and was a total waste for me. When I had my last baby I bought something totally different and its much better for my lifestyle.

I have the vista as well. What do you have?

SuperWify

Post Wed, Nov 02 2022, 8:37 am
amother OP wrote:
I wanted a bassinet stroller since it's better for a newborn. But how much do you really take a newborn on walks anyway? And the reviews were good - easy push, comfortable, nice looking, etc - all of that is true. But I guess this being my first baby I didn't realize how much of a con the large size/ large fold thing would be, and that it wouldn't fit into my lifestyle.

Does your baby sleep in it during the night?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Nov 02 2022, 8:37 am
amother Zinnia wrote:
There are different strollers on the market for varying lifestyles & needs. I'd suggest you sell it now while it's barely used & buy something more suitable to your needs.

I have the uppababy minu, I highly recommend it.

How much could I sell an Uppababy Vista for, in good condition?

Thanks for the minu recommendation. What are the main pros and cons?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Nov 02 2022, 8:38 am
SuperWify wrote:
Does your baby sleep in it during the night?

He did at first until he could roll over. I did like that I could bring it around the house with me. Now he's ten months old and sleeps in his crib.

amother
Pewter

Post Wed, Nov 02 2022, 8:39 am
I used a bugaboo for walking, snap n go/yoyo for the car. My bugaboo lasted me 10 years and I still gave it away afterwards. Nothing beats it. I don't regret my purchase. I live in Monsey, we walk alot.
You need to think of your needs before buying a stroller. If you don't walk alot and are more in the car, you need to get a stroller that's compatible with that lifestyle.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Nov 02 2022, 8:39 am
SuperWify wrote:
I use my big stroller for walks. I never fold it. For the car we use a yo-yo.

Would you hang on to the big stroller? Will I enjoy it more as my baby gets older?

mha3484

Post Wed, Nov 02 2022, 8:40 am
amother OP wrote:
I have the vista as well. What do you have?

The minu. I like it so much better. I also dont use the eruv so no shabbos walks so was a young and dumb mistake lol.

amother
Caramel

Post Wed, Nov 02 2022, 8:42 am
I use my full size stroller, and love it. it’s so easy to push and comfortable for the baby. Even though I have a good travel stroller I started taking it in the minivan when Im alone with him. The seat comes off in a second and the frame is light and folds.
I guess it depends which stroller you have. With my first full size I might have sounded like you. But I traded it in for the bugaboo lynx which I am thoroughly enjoying.

SuperWify

Post Wed, Nov 02 2022, 8:44 am
amother OP wrote:
Would you hang on to the big stroller? Will I enjoy it more as my baby gets older?

Regarding the sleeping it’s great to have it for the first few months and you will get more use out of it with your next baby iyh.

I have both strollers because it fits my lifestyle. I walk most Shabbosos to the park or out for a meal and during the week sometimes to pick up my child from school, to go on errands ect. I’m also in the car a lot and we do travel often so the yo-yo works well for that. But the push is amazing and the basket is awesome- much better then a travel stroller.

I never fold my big stroller, it’s literally a walking stroller.

tichellady

Post Wed, Nov 02 2022, 8:49 am
it’s hard to predict all this stuff. a lot becomes clearer a few months after the baby is born and then every month the baby changes so much. I would just sell the stroller and move on. I think they sell for around $700 depending on the details

amother
Daphne

Post Wed, Nov 02 2022, 8:54 am
I have the Vista as well. buying it to be used as a double eventually was a waste beyond. I used it as a double when I had my second and then just bought a side by side double and never looked back. I also have an easy car stroller to keep in my trunk. I almost never fold my vista. it gets put into the garage and taken out every shabbos when we go to the park. and when I have a newborn its the best thing the bassinet. put baby to sleep downstairs and then just unclick from the base and bring just the bassinet upstairs when going to my room to sleep etc.

lamplighter

Post Wed, Nov 02 2022, 9:30 am
Most people need 2 strollers. One good walking stroller and one lightweight car stroller.
I think we feel silly when we use one expecting it to suit all our needs.

amother
Zinnia

Post Wed, Nov 02 2022, 9:37 am
amother OP wrote:
How much could I sell an Uppababy Vista for, in good condition?

Thanks for the minu recommendation. What are the main pros and cons?

I find that the minu is good enough for a walking stroller that it's all In one, walking & travel. Decent basket. I don't use my lrg bugaboo even though I still have it. I'm done with large bulky strollers.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics