Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
I regret getting an expensive full size stroller
Previous  1  2

amother
Watermelon

Post Wed, Nov 02 2022, 12:43 pm
I also live in a Subarb and have the Vista since my first was born 3 years ago. I have the Mesa carseat as well and I loved it when my kids were little because the base itself isn't heavy and I used that as the base for the carseat.
I love the Vista. I use it for walks almost every evening and on Shabbos. I take it when we walk to the playground and even when I walk to friends in the area on Shabbos. Now I have a another kid so I bought the buggy board and my 3 year old loves it. I don't need a double stroller because of that. I knew I wasn't going to make the Vista into a double because it's bulky, but the sturdy carriage with the buggy board is great. I also use it when I go to the mall, the zoo etc. I can fit a huge diaper bag in the basket and everything else you need when you go on a day trip with a family of 4.
I also have a cheap travel stroller that I use for flying etc but my Vista gets a ton of use!

amother
Cobalt

Post Wed, Nov 02 2022, 12:51 pm
I’m from the suburbs. I use mine for walking (which I do frequently once I feel up to it) and napping. I have an original bugaboo fox.

amother
DarkKhaki

Post Wed, Nov 02 2022, 1:41 pm
Vistas have great resale value. If you want to stick to one stroller I would recommend a good compact stroller, yo yo or bugaboo butterfly. Both are easy in and out of the car, but are still solidly engineered strollers. Yoyo - you can get a bassinet attachment. Not sure about the butterfly bassinet attachment.

amother
DarkYellow

Post Wed, Nov 02 2022, 1:42 pm
I regret getting a cheaper full size stroller. It has all the features of the $$$$ ones but it's a year old and feeling shaky and junky already. I wish I had just bit the bullet and spent the $1000 (or whatever the price is) to get a good quality stroller.

And I also have a $60 umbrella stroller that is so nice! I have had it for 7 years and it's still fab.

I think I need both kinds for my purposes! Just not low quality junk Sad

amother
Lawngreen

Post Wed, Nov 02 2022, 7:57 pm
I dont know why I let my parents gift me with the bugaboo!!
I live in queens and I drive to work. My baby was in the doona until she was like 14 months. And then when we went to the babysitter we use the uppababy minu. The bugaboo stays by my parents and I use it when I go for shabbos. Such a waste...

Perrys

Post Wed, Nov 02 2022, 8:06 pm
amother OP wrote:
How much could I sell an Uppababy Vista for, in good condition?

Thanks for the minu recommendation. What are the main pros and cons?

I love my vista. I got it 5 years ago and definitely feel like I got my money’s worth from it. With my newborns they live in it. Now with3 under the age of 5 it’s a life saver

amother
Molasses

Post Wed, Nov 02 2022, 8:09 pm
amother DarkKhaki wrote:
Vistas have great resale value. If you want to stick to one stroller I would recommend a good compact stroller, yo yo or bugaboo butterfly. Both are easy in and out of the car, but are still solidly engineered strollers. Yoyo - you can get a bassinet attachment. Not sure about the butterfly bassinet attachment.

I
Found the yo-yo to feel very flimsy. I went to a store to try them all out. Im debating between the minu and the butterfly. The minu has a bassinet attachment. I’m not sure about the butterfly

amother
Impatiens

Post Wed, Nov 02 2022, 8:10 pm
amother OP wrote:
Would you hang on to the big stroller? Will I enjoy it more as my baby gets older?

I used it a lot in the beginning and not much after 6 months. But I also got a double when my kid was a year. So I think I would be we used it more that next summer. In the summer I walk every shabbos and walk tons.

rgr

Post Wed, Nov 02 2022, 8:48 pm
tichellady wrote:
it’s hard to predict all this stuff. a lot becomes clearer a few months after the baby is born and then every month the baby changes so much. I would just sell the stroller and move on. I think they sell for around $700 depending on the details

I just want to second this. It's so hard to really know what works for you when you have your first. No matter how much you try and research beforehand.

salt

Post Thu, Nov 03 2022, 4:31 am
I would sell it.

amother
Pansy

Post Thu, Nov 03 2022, 5:33 am
Perrys wrote:
I love my vista. I got it 5 years ago and definitely feel like I got my money’s worth from it. With my newborns they live in it. Now with3 under the age of 5 it’s a life saver

Curious, do you have a double plus Piggyback board? Bc it's insanely heavy just with a 3yo and 1yo using 2 seats. When I do a seat and Piggyback, I need to stand at a weird angle to push it...

Tossing up what to do as no. 3 is on the way BH. Will also have 3 under 5 iyH. Was thinking about selling the second seat and buying a good side-by-side double.

amother
Seablue

Post Thu, Nov 03 2022, 8:15 am
Im surprised that the Minu is a popular option. I’ve had many strollers and the only one I had complaints about was the Minu. The footrest is not adjustable and it’s very uncomfortable for a tall 2 year old. I couldn’t recline the seat because the feet would hang down in a very uncomfortable and unnatural position.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics