Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
We need to leave now
1  2  3  4  5  Next

PeanutMama

Post Sun, Nov 06 2022, 1:00 am
After a traumatic shabbos we are looking to move asap in bp so if any one know of any websites or listings that have apartments unfurnished please let me know it is extremely urgent.

For now we are staying at a neighbors until we find a place

amother
Yolk

Post Sun, Nov 06 2022, 1:04 am
Sounds upsetting. Sorry !!

DrMom

Post Sun, Nov 06 2022, 1:09 am
In what part of the world are you interested in moving?

What are your requirements re: number of rooms, schooling, hashkafa, etc?

PeanutMama

Post Sun, Nov 06 2022, 1:10 am
It really is upsetting and scary. My husband is nervous and I am scared I am thinking we need to lay low or even change our last name to something really unrecognizable you can never know what people are capable of

amother
Phlox

Post Sun, Nov 06 2022, 1:11 am
DrMom wrote:
In what part of the world are you interested in moving?

What are your requirements re: number of rooms, schooling, hashkafa, etc?

She wrote Boro Park in her original post

PeanutMama

Post Sun, Nov 06 2022, 1:12 am
My son is already in a school bh we just want a different house to live in asap
We are looking for any apartments my husband said 2000 is okay a month
In borough park New York

amother
Phlox

Post Sun, Nov 06 2022, 1:12 am
PeanutMama wrote:
It really is upsetting and scary. My husband is nervous and I am scared I am thinking we need to lay low or even change our last name to something really unrecognizable you can never know what people are capable of

Wow that sounds really intense and traumatic. Give yourself time to think if you can, so you move with a clear head…maybe go somewhere where you can stay short term just to think things through.

PeanutMama

Post Sun, Nov 06 2022, 1:14 am
amother Phlox wrote:
Wow that sounds really intense and traumatic. Give yourself time to think if you can, so you move with a clear head…maybe go somewhere where you can stay short term just to think things through.

My husband is more clear headed than I although he was physically attacked too
And idk how he is doing it 😭

We are at a neighbors who are more like friends to us and they told us we can stay as long as we need.

doodlesmom

Post Sun, Nov 06 2022, 1:47 am
Attacked?omg! So sorry, that’s terrible!

amother
Honeydew

Post Sun, Nov 06 2022, 1:56 am
Oy, this seems so so scary! You had a robbery?

amother
Oak

Post Sun, Nov 06 2022, 1:03 am
OMG! I hope you find something quickly. Sounds super stressful.

PeanutMama

Post Sun, Nov 06 2022, 1:07 am
doodlesmom wrote:
Attacked?omg! So sorry, that’s terrible!

Yes on Friday night the neighbor in the front came back after moving his stuff out the week before somehow because my landlord changed the locks we still don’t know how he came in
He was blocking the door so neither my husband or the landlord could come from davening Friday night. My husband opened the door and out of nowhere the guy starts attacking my elderly landlord (he is like mid 70s I am not sure) pulling his payos and punching him in the face (he has a cut on his face I want to cry every time I look at him)
My husband intervened hitting and kicking and screaming stop it stop it and takes him down until the police came. He got hit too but my husband was stronger than he.
After the cops come my husband wakes me up (he tells me of the attack during the seuda between courses) and tells me to put on my shoes and get the kids out of there and not look. I come out and my landlady is asking for tissues and that’s when I ask what happened?! And my husband says the landlord was attacked by the meshugene. I leave with my baby in my arms and my husband holds my bare foot son and we walk out together
There is a big crowd outside and I can’t see anything just red and blue there were so many cars sorry I’m trembling as I’m typing this
And my husband gives me our son and I just run with my kids in my arms to the neighbor but not before hearing the man screaming and cursing away. My husband told me he was pointing at him and screaming “you’re next!” So we are scared and shaken up and bh our neighbors who are more like friends said we can stay for as long as we need
My husband said we are not going back. We just came back from the apartment cuz we need clothes for the week.

My husband came before me and I was told he looked like he was going to faint- he was pale and shaking terribly but when I came in he was crying in a tissue. It will take a while for us to move on from this. And we are scared. He is a dangerous man. My landlords were duped from the start. And they’ve been trying to get rid of him 2 years now

He is arrested but we don’t know how long that’s why I said it’s urgent we find a new place or we should lay low

Blessing1

Post Sun, Nov 06 2022, 1:11 am
PeanutMama wrote:
Yes on Friday night the neighbor in the front came back after moving his stuff out the week before somehow because my landlord changed the locks we still don’t know how he came in
He was blocking the door so neither my husband or the landlord could come from davening Friday night. My husband opened the door and out of nowhere the guy starts attacking my elderly landlord (he is like mid 70s I am not sure) pulling his payos and punching him in the face (he has a cut on his face I want to cry every time I look at him)
My husband intervened hitting and kicking and screaming stop it stop it and takes him down until the police came. He got hit too but my husband was stronger than he.
After the cops come my husband wakes me up (he tells me of the attack during the seuda between courses) and tells me to put on my shoes and get the kids out of there and not look. I come out and my landlady is asking for tissues and that’s when I ask what happened?! And my husband says the landlord was attacked by the meshugene. I leave with my baby in my arms and my husband holds my bare foot son and we walk out together
There is a big crowd outside and I can’t see anything just red and blue there were so many cars sorry I’m trembling as I’m typing this
And my husband gives me our son and I just run with my kids in my arms to the neighbor but not before hearing the man screaming and cursing away. My husband told me he was pointing at him and screaming “you’re next!” So we are scared and shaken up and bh our neighbors who are more like friends said we can stay for as long as we need
My husband said we are not going back. We just came back from the apartment cuz we need clothes for the week.

My husband came before me and I was told he looked like he was going to faint- he was pale and shaking terribly but when I came in he was crying in a tissue. It will take a while for us to move on from this. And we are scared. He is a dangerous man. My landlords were duped from the start. And they’ve been trying to get rid of him 2 years now

He is arrested but we don’t know how long that’s why I said it’s urgent we find a new place or we should lay low

Oh my!! This is absolutely terrible!! So so so traumatic! Hope this lunatic isn't back on the streets by now. So horrific!!
I will bli neder ask relatives that live in Boro Park if they know of anything.

amother
Wandflower

Post Sun, Nov 06 2022, 1:15 am
Omg. Sounds like a horror movie.
At least you guys haven’t done anything wrong.
I know it’s difficult to think straight now but you don’t have to worry about it.
Looks like your landlord is the one who is really in trouble Sad

heidi

Post Sun, Nov 06 2022, 1:55 am
OP, you sound very traumatized but I think you need to take a deep breath and evaluate the situation.
It sounds like your landlord is being harassed. It isn't clear from your post why you feel you need to move.
You might want to give it a few days and reconsider. Nothing in your story indicates that you and your family are in any danger whatsoever. There are nuts everywhere. Moving doesn't really seem indicated at this point.

amother
Magnolia

Post Sun, Nov 06 2022, 2:01 am
heidi wrote:
OP, you sound very traumatized but I think you need to take a deep breath and evaluate the situation.
It sounds like your landlord is being harassed. It isn't clear from your post why you feel you need to move.
You might want to give it a few days and reconsider. Nothing in your story indicates that you and your family are in any danger whatsoever. There are nuts everywhere. Moving doesn't really seem indicated at this point.

Her husband got involved in the altercation and attacked the maniac and was subsequently threatened.

miriamfraa

Post Sun, Nov 06 2022, 4:06 am
Sounds horrible!!!
And yeah sadly with these cashless bail laws he will be out soon if he is not put yet...
Just don't know if moving is the clear path
Maybe speak to one of the local askunim?

amother
NeonYellow

Post Sun, Nov 06 2022, 4:50 am
Not sure how moving elsewhere in BP is going to help, given the rampant crime and bail reform...

amother
Magnolia

Post Sun, Nov 06 2022, 4:52 am
amother NeonYellow wrote:
Not sure how moving elsewhere in BP is going to help, given the rampant crime and bail reform...

Its just that the maniac won't find them should he attempt come again to the original apartment.

PeanutMama

Post Sun, Nov 06 2022, 6:35 am
I’m going along with what my husband says
The people we are staying at also think it’s a good idea for us to move because my husband was threatened and we are scared
Page 1 of 5 1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating