Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Train from Ben Gurion to Jerusalem

Post Sun, Nov 06 2022, 6:36 am
Hi ladies

Can I get some guidance on how this works? Where do I pick it up, how do I pay for it?

And then when I get yerushalyim, how do I navigate the lite rail.

I do not have a rav kav

Thanks!

leaf

Post Sun, Nov 06 2022, 9:01 am
I'm not going to be very helpful cause im not sure if you can do this without a rav kav.
The train station in ben gurion is right near the exits from the intl terminal (terminsl 3). You will see signs. There are machines outside the train station that you order your ticket from. I've only done it with a rav kav, but hopefully you can pay via credit card and get a paper ticket. You use the ticket to enter the station at the turnstile/gate and again to leave the station when you get to yer.
After you leave the train station, follow the signs for rechov yafo and you will see light rail stops. There are machines there for putting money onto rav kav and hopefully for purchasing a paper ticket, but check out if that is stilll an option.
Hatzlacha and enjoy your stay!

shabbatiscoming

Post Sun, Nov 06 2022, 9:03 am
You definitely can do it withoug a rav kav. My mother in law came to vist and took the train from ben gurion to tel aviv. She paid at the machines.

Post Sun, Nov 06 2022, 9:41 am
Thank you!!

Tova

Post Sun, Nov 06 2022, 11:31 am
There are also Rav kav machines in the airport where you can buy a card. It's super easy process and the train to YM is a mere 20 minutes (although takes a few minutes to exit to street level at the deep Yitzchak Navon station).

Elfrida

Post Sun, Nov 06 2022, 1:00 pm
If you are planning on using a lot of public transport whe you are here, you can download the RavKav app. I don't have it, so I don't know the details, but there is a QR code that you have to scan whenever you get o on a bus or the light rail, and at the end of the month it calculates the cheapest way to pay and charges your credit card. It works on all buses and the light rail, but I think it doesn't work for intercity trains, which you have to pay for separately.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics