Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Should I cancel my trip to Miami this week? Rain
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 06 2022, 9:09 am
I booked a short trip to Miami for this week Tuesday to Thursday. I see it’s going to rain the entire time. My flights are refundable but the hotel is not. Is it worth going? I need sun and beach. Not holed up in a tiny hotel room. Should I rather just stay home?

amother
Petunia

Post Sun, Nov 06 2022, 9:10 am
I would. The whole attraction is the weather

mizle10

Post Sun, Nov 06 2022, 9:10 am
No way!! It always shows rain in Miami because of the humidity. It doesn't usually rain all day long.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 06 2022, 9:13 am
mizle10 wrote:
No way!! It always shows rain in Miami because of the humidity. It doesn't usually rain all day long.

I know that’s what I kept telling myself. But I think this is part of some tropical storm passing so it looks like steady all day rain.

busy mommy

Post Sun, Nov 06 2022, 9:44 am
Usually rain in Miami comes in bursts and not a full day of rain. Can't say for sure what will be since I see you wrote something about a tropical storm. If the chances are higher than 60% chance then it most probably will rain. Less than 60% means usually small rain showers here and there and many times with the sun. It does not cool down usually when it rains.

amother
Anemone

Post Sun, Nov 06 2022, 9:48 am
Tough one....are you sure you cannot get a refund on the hotel? Did you call them? What would you do if it were to be raining the whole time...answer if it would be worth it to you and then decide.
Can you get a detailed forecast? It is true sometimes it rains intermittently...
hatzlocha

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 06 2022, 10:00 am
90% rain on Wednesday and 70% on Thursday. Looks like full on rain to me. I’m so sad was so looking out for this vacation and really can’t afford another one if my hotel isn’t refunded. I checked and they won’t let me cancel or change. Unless anyone knows a way I can? I booked it through American Express since a I had points enough for only part of the trip. The rest I paid for with a card.

amother
Chocolate

Post Sun, Nov 06 2022, 10:06 am
I was in Florida for succos. The weather shows complete rain for most of the days. In reality it rained one day and the other days were stunning. The weather always shows rain over there so I wouldn't necessarily run and cancel my whole trip

amother
Cadetblue

Post Sun, Nov 06 2022, 10:08 am
Go! Make the best of it!!

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 06 2022, 10:23 am
I checked weather.com again. They say it will be pouring all week and windy. It might even get a name. Ugh. Im so depressed about it, finally booked a vacation and it’s the worst weather ever.

amother
Anemone

Post Sun, Nov 06 2022, 10:26 am
so sorry op
davening for you things work out for revealed good

Kumphort

Post Sun, Nov 06 2022, 10:28 am
Does you hotel have a spa? Can you go for one night instead? Go to a spa get a good massage. Order in food and just relax

amother
Anemone

Post Sun, Nov 06 2022, 10:28 am
Can you switch your flights take that which you can refund wise and go to arizona? hot and dry
maybe you can find a good deal...no ocean and not the plethora of kosher food but definitely there is kosher food and while a different vibe can be very relaxing. While you might need to add money if you cant get a refund some things like hotel and food could be cheaper and maybe it will balance out. Do what you gotta do and whatever you can do. Maybe the hotel will refund if a storm like that is coming. Ask them.
hugs and hatzlocha

amother
Wheat

Post Sun, Nov 06 2022, 11:49 pm
I once had the exact same question and we cancelled our trip. Turned out it didn’t rain all that much! We regretted it! We still haven’t made up for that trip- we meant to reschedule but never ended up being able to.

amother
Dustypink

Post Mon, Nov 07 2022, 1:37 am
I said go anyway. And I said you really want the beach but there must be something else you could do there to relax. Just getting away from your house can be such a break even if you don't do so much. I could be wrong but if it were me I feel like I would regret staying home more. I'm guessing it probably wasn't so easy to schedule a vacation. If you can reschedule in a second in the hotel loss won't mean anything to you then maybe reschedule. We have gone on vacation when the weather wasn't great and somehow we found fun things to do and to make the best of it..

amother
Anemone

Post Mon, Nov 07 2022, 5:53 am
I see the forecast for a subtropical storm.
Have to admit I would think of cancelling too. Of course it might be overstated or change trajectory.
Unless there is a real bonus just hanging out at the hotel on your own time and sleeping etc then I probably would cancel.
If you go do pack rainboots and a good raincoat.
While doable, the wind and pounding rain and water in the streets don't make it so fun to walk around even just to pick up food Sad and while I don't want to be a downer, I would be concerned about flight delays/cancellations etc.
sorry Op
good luck

amother
Mustard

Post Mon, Nov 07 2022, 8:23 am
Can’t tell you what to do but I’m in south Florida right now (just north of miami) and it’s sunny and gorgeous. Also the weather reports are wrong more than right.

amother
Anemone

Post Mon, Nov 07 2022, 2:52 pm
While true they are talking about tropical storm Nicole and possible cyclone formation; so while I wouldn't worry were I already there I have to admit I would cancel.
Even though they hype and are sometimes wrong with their forecasts. Do hotels refund once it is this type of weather predicted?
good luck op whatever you choose to do

amother
Steelblue

Post Mon, Nov 07 2022, 2:57 pm
amother Mustard wrote:
Can’t tell you what to do but I’m in south Florida right now (just north of miami) and it’s sunny and gorgeous. Also the weather reports are wrong more than right.

I'm in Miami (I live here) and it's way breezier and cooler today then normal. Yeah it's probably going to rain. We can get all day rains this time of year.
And if a tropical storm is predicted I'm betting there will be a lot of flight cancelations....

amother
OP

Post Mon, Nov 07 2022, 10:17 pm
Bh after lots of phone calls and emails the hotel allowed me to switch the dates for next week. So relieved!
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics