Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Organizing
Toy organization

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 06 2022, 1:02 pm
Looking for something to store my toddler’s toys, but everything I see has open bins which will all get spilled out within 5 minutes of waking up. I’d love something that has boxes with lids, but can’t find anything in decent price. Any suggestions? (Right now we just have a bunch of plastic storage containers, but I want something to be able to get it off the floor)

boysrock

Post Sun, Nov 06 2022, 1:07 pm
If you put your husband are handy check out ikea and target they have lots of different options at reasonable prices…

amother
Quince

Post Sun, Nov 06 2022, 1:10 pm
Someone posted a picture of cube storage with containers and they all had lids. They said it was from Target but I didn't save the link. I recently got rid of my open bin storage because it was such a mess so I need to start all over again. I'm going to keep an eye out if I can find it again.

amother
Buttercup

Post Sun, Nov 06 2022, 1:22 pm
These fit into cube storage
https://www.target.com/p/large.....79844

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 06 2022, 2:01 pm
boysrock wrote:
If you put your husband are handy check out ikea and target they have lots of different options at reasonable prices…

Any specific recommendations? We are pretty handy but so sense of creativity, and didn’t see anything I can easily imagine working

amother
Orange

Post Sun, Nov 06 2022, 2:03 pm
We have some Ikea trofast pieces with plastic drawers. I like them but kids can pull the whole drawer out so they're not perfect.

SuperWify

Post Sun, Nov 06 2022, 3:17 pm
amother Orange wrote:
We have some Ikea trofast pieces with plastic drawers. I like them but kids can pull the whole drawer out so they're not perfect.

I was just planning on buying them. What do you mean by pulling the whole draw out- isn’t it like a cubby?

How many units do you have?

Are the containers sturdy? Do they close well?

amother
Quince

Post Sun, Nov 06 2022, 3:30 pm
amother Buttercup wrote:
These fit into cube storage
https://www.target.com/p/large.....79844
Yes that was it! Thanks for linking!

amother
Quince

Post Sun, Nov 06 2022, 3:32 pm
amother Orange wrote:
I have it and hate it. The drawer comes right out and then they spill it on the floor. something with a cover like buttercup linked I think would work better because it’s an extra step to take the cover off. Or maybe that’s just wishful thinking.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 06 2022, 4:17 pm
amother Quince wrote:
Yes that was it! Thanks for linking!

These fit into any of the standard cube organizers?

amother
Leaf

Post Sun, Nov 06 2022, 4:23 pm
There are lids for the trofast bins

amother
Buttercup

Post Sun, Nov 06 2022, 5:33 pm
amother OP wrote:
These fit into any of the standard cube organizers?

Buy cube organizers that hold 12" cubes. (Some hold 11" cubes but these wouldn't work in those.)

amother
Indigo

Post Sun, Nov 06 2022, 5:36 pm
I used to have the trofast and I hated it as it's open plan. It is easier to put things away than the cube storage (which I also tried). In the end I gave up and bought a full sized pax cupboard which I can take only one box at a time and keep the rest locked up.
If you just want an easy storage and you're not worried/bothered about your kids being able to take the toys out themselves, then the trofast is great. But if you want to keep things out of reach, then you need to be able to lock the toys away.

amother
Tangerine

Post Sun, Nov 06 2022, 6:14 pm
Get a simple bookcase and invest In decent clip bins. Sterilite makes all sizes.

amother
Quince

Post Sun, Nov 06 2022, 6:56 pm
amother Leaf wrote:
There are lids for the trofast bins
I never realized that, do the drawers slide in nicely with the lids on?

SuperWify

Post Mon, Nov 07 2022, 5:45 am
amother Quince wrote:
I never realized that, do the drawers slide in nicely with the lids on?

My bad. I just checked there are no lids.

SuperWify

Post Mon, Nov 07 2022, 5:46 am
amother Indigo wrote:
I used to have the trofast and I hated it as it's open plan. It is easier to put things away than the cube storage (which I also tried). In the end I gave up and bought a full sized pax cupboard which I can take only one box at a time and keep the rest locked up.
If you just want an easy storage and you're not worried/bothered about your kids being able to take the toys out themselves, then the trofast is great. But if you want to keep things out of reach, then you need to be able to lock the toys away.

Thanks so much! I’ll look into the pax.

amother
Vanilla

Post Mon, Nov 07 2022, 5:54 am
SuperWify wrote:
My bad. I just checked there are no lids.

There are lids, and slide in nicely with the lids, but the lids don't clip on- so while it's bother step for your kid to open the bin, it's not like a lock
(You can stack the closed boxes with the lids on in a closet if you rotate toys from the actual trofast)

amother
Quince

Post Sun, Nov 13 2022, 9:45 am
amother Buttercup wrote:
Buy cube organizers that hold 12" cubes. (Some hold 11" cubes but these wouldn't work in those.)
I’m finally getting around to buying but I don’t see 12 inch shelves anywhere! Are you using the 13 inch?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics