Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Child & Baby Products
Ezpz tiny cup - giving baby their own cup

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 06 2022, 7:18 pm
Is this overpriced piece of silicone really worth it? Lol

Are there any cheaper options that are just as good (unbreakable - I know some people give their kids a shot glass but that's not happening here)

mushkamothers

Post Sun, Nov 06 2022, 7:24 pm
Never used this but I use glass cups
If you won't do that then yes pay this price

amother
Fuchsia

Post Sun, Nov 06 2022, 7:25 pm
I have it and I found it worth it!
So much so that I bought another one for dairy!

BrisketBoss

Post Sun, Nov 06 2022, 7:27 pm
Ehh I don't think so. There are toddler cups but they're not as small and don't have some of the other stuff that makes the ezpz good for little beginners.

(Not that I have one, I'm in the shot glass camp for the littlest ones, and I hover haha.)

amother
Impatiens

Post Sun, Nov 06 2022, 8:30 pm
My baby had an easier time drinking out of a disposable plastic cup actually. Which was a shame because I bought 2 of those ez cups lol. Also the kiddush becher (no stem) she would drink very nicely out of

BrisketBoss

Post Sun, Nov 06 2022, 8:33 pm
amother Impatiens wrote:
My baby had an easier time drinking out of a disposable plastic cup actually. Which was a shame because I bought 2 of those ez cups lol. Also the kiddush becher (no stem) she would drink very nicely out of

My kids tend to break the plastic cups. Now they do it for fun, but I think when they were beginner babies they didn't have a mature enough grip to hold them without squishing them.

amother
Lemonlime

Post Sun, Nov 06 2022, 8:46 pm
I buy the little paper cups people use for the bathroom (Dixie makes but I get a big pack at ShopRite for a better price). I still use straw cups for regular drinking but when I want to give my toddler just a little bit of something like grape juice or chicken broth, I use one of those and they can handle it pretty well. Just don't get plastic because that can crack and be dangerous.

amother
Wallflower

Post Mon, Nov 07 2022, 2:00 am
We used a doidy cup. Specially designed to be used by babies and toddlers, dd was able to drink small amounts from it with help from about 6 months (we bought it because dd was a bottle refuser) and later as a baby she could use it by herself.

Made of extremely durable plastic - never broke no matter how many times she threw it, dropped it, tried to chew it, etc. They looked good as new when we put them away, and we probably still have them somewhere several years later.

This is the one that we had, I'm sure there are others: https://www.amazon.com/Bickiep.....J8HY/

And in case you are worried because it has handles and you want your child to learn to drink without handles, rest assured dd learned to drink from regular cups without handles - the hard part isn't holding a cup without handles, it is managing the cup rim and the angle of drinking, which a doidy cup can help with.

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Mon, Nov 07 2022, 2:04 am
What’s wrong with sippy cups made for toddlers
The ones that don’t drip if you hold them upside down

amother
Junglegreen

Post Mon, Nov 07 2022, 2:10 am
I use a combination of the following:

- hard plastic shot glasses
- ikea hard plastic cups (basically full size but just a bit smaller)
- regular plastic cup, but not the shabbos kind for a while because the crunch those make when crushed is irresistible to a toddler and it makes sharp edges
- straw cup with handles

I start off holding a regular plastic cup for them to drink out of, from 6 months onwards. Then I give them a straw cup and as their grip gets better, a hard plastic shot glass. Eventually they graduate to the bigger cups or more like, I randomly offer them different things at different moments based on what I grab from the cabinet;)

But hard plastic shot glasses are my best tip.

amother
Clear

Post Mon, Nov 07 2022, 7:10 am
I think they are worth it.

BrisketBoss

Post Mon, Nov 07 2022, 9:21 am
amother Saddlebrown wrote:

The straw cups are good.

And open cups are even better.

Feeding therapists now recommend starting with them.

amother
Clear

Post Mon, Nov 07 2022, 11:54 am
amother Saddlebrown wrote:

They are glorified bottles. They don’t encourage the appropriate muscle strengthening that drinking from an open cup or straw does.

amother
Silver

Post Mon, Nov 07 2022, 12:32 pm
I use these from Target

https://www.target.com/p/8oz-p.....metab

They’re short and wide. My 7 month old drinks with help from them.
My 3 year old uses them as well.

Just curious, why use smaller cups? Is it much easier for babies to grasp?
I’ve always used 5-7 oz cups and never had any issues.

lucky14

Post Mon, Nov 07 2022, 1:27 pm
I wish I could give you mine! The water tasted ick from it (I tried it). It was also heavy in a weird way. We ended up using disposable plastic cups and now we use a combination of those and the munchkin 360 and a Camelbak water bottle.

Such a waste of money for us.

I would have used a glass shot glass if we had carpet but we have wood and that would not have gone well…
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics