Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
Which stroller and carseat for flying?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Nov 09 2022, 7:02 am
Which stroller has a regular seat for baby to sit in but also has a spot to click an infant car seat into? We are flying and we need to bring a carseat as we will rent a car when we get there. But we dont want to shlep a carseat around - it needs to be able to snap onto the stroller. At the same time it needs to be able to snap onto the stroller in order for us to shlep it around but there also needs to be a separate seat for baby to actually sit in because baby hates hates hates the carseat.
Does such a thing exist? That's not a bulky double ? That goes easily through airport security etc ?
If baby falls asleep in the car we want to be able to lift the carseat out and click onto the stroller. But then if baby wakes up while we are walking we want to be able to put her in the regular seat so she can see while we are walking so the carseat can't click on top of the seat like the graco does.

amother
Azure

Post Wed, Nov 09 2022, 7:08 am
We used our regular graco click connect and bought graco jet setter (though I don’t think they stroller is still available)

amother
Cobalt

Post Wed, Nov 09 2022, 7:13 am
So first of all, you need to find out what dimensions stroller your airline will stow for you on the plane. I think a yoyo is one type, but I haven't used it. If it needs to be put below, you might not be able to use it through the airport and if there's a layover, you might not see it until your final destination, so you need to find out. Second, even if you find that stroller that the airline will take, you need to find out if they'd stow an extra seat for you. Unless you are getting a separate seat for your child and plan to use that on the child's seat? If so, you again need to find out what carseats your airline will accept.

I just solo traveled with a toddler and had a car seat and stroller at my destination, so I wore my child through the airport. This was easiest for me as it meant my hands were free to pull other stuff while wearing my child. So if there were a way to rent this at your destination, that's what I would personally find easier. But everyone has their own preference.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Nov 09 2022, 7:35 am
amother Cobalt wrote:
So first of all, you need to find out what dimensions stroller your airline will stow for you on the plane. I think a yoyo is one type, but I haven't used it. If it needs to be put below, you might not be able to use it through the airport and if there's a layover, you might not see it until your final destination, so you need to find out. Second, even if you find that stroller that the airline will take, you need to find out if they'd stow an extra seat for you. Unless you are getting a separate seat for your child and plan to use that on the child's seat? If so, you again need to find out what carseats your airline will accept.

I just solo traveled with a toddler and had a car seat and stroller at my destination, so I wore my child through the airport. This was easiest for me as it meant my hands were free to pull other stuff while wearing my child. So if there were a way to rent this at your destination, that's what I would personally find easier. But everyone has their own preference.

We would gate check the stroller and carseat. Doesn't have to be small dimensions to be able to fit on plane. So Not take it on the plane but also not put it under . Hold baby on lap on the plane. She won't sit in a carseat anyway.

amother
Offwhite

Post Wed, Nov 09 2022, 7:55 am
Get a cheap and light convertible car seat and hang it onto your luggage with a strap or stick it in the basket of your stroller in the airport.

Phoebe31

Post Wed, Nov 09 2022, 8:06 am
Your best bet is to buy a Cosco car seat, if your kid is rear facing, the cosco Scenera is good, if they're forward facing then the Cosco Finale is good. They're super light and easy to strap onto a stroller
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics