Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Judaism
Dd9 hates being Jewish because....
Previous  1  2

gande

Post Fri, Nov 11 2022, 9:44 am
At that age this outburst most likely is emotional so you should focus on validating her how scary if feels. Then you can throw in some of hashem said jews will be forever because we learn torah while all other nations died out.

Zahava94

Post Fri, Nov 11 2022, 10:10 am
Tell her the truth: It's not true that all other nations hate us, and whoever taught her that is wrong. It's unfortunate that schools are letting this horrible falsehood to seep into our children's education.

TWeiss

Post Fri, Nov 11 2022, 10:41 am
I rather be the hated than the haters.

You can explain to her that just because they hate us, doesn’t mean Hashem will let them hurt us. We need to work hard to make a kiddush Hashem, in the times of Shlomo Hamelech they honored us and respected us. BZh in the times of Moshicha we will be a light onto the nations and everyone will recognize our greatness and want to join us.

I think you can discuss this, you can also ask her why that hurts her so much or what she is afraid of, you need to calm her down and reassure her safety.

Remind her that there are righteous non jews also who helped save and hide yidden, if she knows about the Holocaust

Happyjewishmom1

Post Fri, Nov 11 2022, 11:14 am
Kids will always come up with their questions. I don't think k it has to do with her teacher, sometimes kids mind can wonder and have the craziest thoughts. I wld tell her, they hate us cuz they r jealous of us!! (And THAT is the truth) They all know deep down that we are the chosen nation, we are the ones that said yes by Har sinei therefore we have the torah and we are so lucky to be yidden. And to those who also have such questions..to certain extent its OK to ask ,( but read and get true and rught resources as answers ) yet, some things we aren't supposed to understand, just believe. I believe that hashem has a plan, and I'm ao grateful to be part of his nation and keep torah and mitzvos , we are in this world for a reason, for a goal, to do the best we can and daven that mosiach comes and we shld all be zoche !!

OOT

Post Sat, Nov 12 2022, 7:18 pm
I would validate her first and try to understand what she is feeling… fear? Self-disdain? Confusion??
It CAN be overwhelming for kids with all the messages they get these days about these sorts of things, especially if she has a good imagination.
I think it is a great opportunity to develop her awareness of Hashem in her life. She should know that Hashem created every single breathtaking part of this world. He is stronger than any person or animal or army in this world and only He can protect any of us. And sometimes he allows us to feel scared so that we become closer to Him, and learn to rely on Him. And that closeness to Hashem is the greatest pleasure we can have in this world. Help her think of ways that she can find Hashem in her personal life and realize how she takes care of her, and how secure and good that makes her feel.
Also important, and age- appropriate for a 9 year old is to know that the nations of the world are looking at us and judging our people by the way we act, And the way we interact with them . And when we treat them respectfully, they generally respect us back. And we have a special job of making a kiddush Hashem .
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics