Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Are there chassidish single women that live on their own?
Previous  1  2

watergirl

Post Sun, Nov 13 2022, 12:54 pm
amother NeonOrange wrote:
I know someone in monsey. But people do say negative things about her.

Right. Because the (fake) issur of not living on your own trumps the real issur of lashon hara. So it’s totally ok to say negative things about her.

amother
Broom

Post Sun, Nov 13 2022, 1:05 pm
amother NeonOrange wrote:
I know someone in monsey. But people do say negative things about her.

If it's the same girl I know she's a sweetheart from a sweetheart family.

amother
DarkGreen

Post Sun, Nov 13 2022, 1:09 pm
watergirl wrote:
Right. Because the (fake) issur of not living on your own trumps the real issur of lashon hara. So it’s totally ok to say negative things about her.

It's not because people want to talk lh. Because it's not common for singles to move out, if one does, it is usually asked about when it comes to shidduchim. What is the reason the girl moved out? It's not so much why is she living on own but why is she not living with parents? Is something wrong with parents? Is the relationship between them not good? Do they have different lifestyles? Is she not accepted by her family? Is she just older and wants more independence? Are her parents controlling?

That being said, my own older single son, went to live with a friend's family in a different neighborhood.

amother
Seashell

Post Sun, Nov 13 2022, 1:42 pm
I was an yeshivish girl from oot, I come to NY for college/work/shidduchim. From about 21 till about 24 I lived with roommates, girls from oot like myself. About twice a year, we had to look for a new roommate, as someone got engaged. Everytime a chassidish girl showed up to inquire about the apt, either they were really messed up. We said no , we are not psychiatric hospital. Or they were OTD, and due to their lack of world knowledge, they thought since we were from non chassidish background, we were not frum. We also said no, we are not OTD.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries