Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training
How involved do you expect a morah to be?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 13 2022, 12:18 am
What would you expect a 3 year old morah to do to help the training process?

amother
Firethorn

Post Sun, Nov 13 2022, 12:20 am
None for the training. Training takes place at home for 5 days and then morah helps by reminding to go and cleaning up.

amother
Blue

Post Sun, Nov 13 2022, 12:22 am
It’s impossible to train nowadays. Morahs refuse to help. They think your kids should be magically trained on the weekend and after school. It’s aggravating. When I was a kid morahs took an active part.

Rappel

Post Sun, Nov 13 2022, 12:23 am
Very. She trains the whole group by sending them every half hour and giving them small rewards. It works.

dena613

Post Sun, Nov 13 2022, 12:24 am
I think most morahs expect the kid to stay home a few days while getting the hang of it.

I think a morah can be expected to remind the kid to go to the bathroom at certain intervals (which probably is happening anyway, like after snack, before lunch, etc.)

I think it's reasonable to ask MoRah to give a choc. Chip to kid if they succeed in making on toilet, and giving everyone in group a choc. Chip too (choc. Chip provided by Mom, not morah)

I think it's reasonable that if morah sees kid jumpy holding it in to remind kid to go...

I think it's reasonable to allow a stool and toilet seat for kid...

What are you thinking of, OP?

I don't think it's reasonable for Morah to be dealing with a kid who is still making accidents.

amother
Peachpuff

Post Sun, Nov 13 2022, 12:57 am
I am a Morah,

After Sukkos I had a few kids who came in trained

Every 2 hours or if I see the kid holding themself I take them to the bathroom

If a kid still has accidents every day after a week-it takes about a week to get used to Morah toilet I will tell the parent to send the kid in pull-ups

REMINDER-MAKE SHOW TO SEND IN A CHANGE OF CLOTHES. IF YOUR KID COMES HOME IN THE CHANGE OF CLOTHES SEND ANOTHER ONE BACK THE NEXT DAY!!!!!

amother
Red

Post Sun, Nov 13 2022, 1:08 am
Very little. I always train my kids over yom tov or vacation.

amother
Lime

Post Sun, Nov 13 2022, 4:44 am
Reminding them to use the bathroom, helping wipe, giving the chocolate chip/sticker when they're successful.

Not: allow them to run around naked. Have them sit on the potty until they pee at whatever interval. Clean up more than 1 accident a day.

My daughter was completely potty trained at home but refused to use the toilet at school. We sent her in pull-ups for a month after she had 2 poop accidents in a row. She still wore underwear at home perfectly. She's now a totally trained 3 year old.

notshanarishona

Post Sun, Nov 13 2022, 8:18 am
It’s not the Morah’s job to toilet train. I would expect the morah to give frequent reminders (every hour or so) once a kid comes in in underwear but not to need to bribe/ force/ etc.
training should be done on vacation or yom tov.

amother
Bergamot

Post Sun, Nov 13 2022, 8:28 am
I am a 3 year old morah in a school. There are differences in a school setting than a home setting.

We allow kids to come in underwear as soon as the parent feels that their child is ready. We have a conversation beforehand about what that means. The morahs are expected to help facilitate the process, but not change more accidents than any other 3 year old would have. Usually we say if it's more than 3 wet accidents a week or 2 dirty accidents a week, the parent has choices: can keep child home a little longer, can send in a pull-up, or can commit to come to school to change the dirty accident.

That being said, there is definitely room for flexibility as every child and their process is different. All that is very much taken into account, but this is our baseline.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training