Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
S/O Which is the "best quality" of all Fabuwood cabinets?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 13 2022, 11:57 am
Rubber Ducky wrote:
Fabuwood is a Chinese line. Like many other brands, Fabuwood produces different grades of cabinets ranging from "builders grade" (poor quality) to very good quality.

Purple2 wrote:
You get the best “bang for your buck” with fabuwood. In my experience they are well priced and good quality

https://www.imamother.com/foru.....37880

Which is the "best quality" and likely longest lasting of all Fabuwood cabinet lines?

Im looking to do a painted white wood kitchen in Brooklyn.

Two questions:

1- How do I distinguish which is the best quality in Fabuwood kitchen cabinets? I read here that Fabuwood has many different lines, and some are builder grade, low quality, and some Fabuwood cabinet lines are quite high quality.

2- Since the above 2018 thread, with much praise for Fabuwood cabinets, are there better quality brands of wood cabinets, where you get more "bang for your buck" than Fabuwood?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 13 2022, 4:20 pm
bump

amother
Magnolia

Post Sun, Nov 13 2022, 4:54 pm
Their stained cabinets have longer life due to paint lightly chipping/cracking at seams (like other mid-line painted cabinets).

amother
Broom

Post Sun, Nov 13 2022, 4:58 pm
Fabuwood does not produce in China anymore. Everything is made here in the US.

Rubber Ducky

Post Sun, Nov 13 2022, 5:10 pm
Anything in the Allure series. I agree with Magnolia above about stained finishes looking better longer than painted, but white cabinets are painted (really catalyzed lacquer).

If you need custom sizes, especially in base cabinets or tall cabinets, you will do better to look at some semi-custom lines. Fabuwood has taken the first baby steps toward becoming semi-custom but they are not there yet.

A few more points:
1) My Fabuwood door samples all say "Made in Vietnam" — they have moved their manufacturing out of China. Assembly is in the USA.

2) If you need frameless cabinets, Fabuwood does not make them.

3) If you need a custom color, Fabuwood charges a 35% premium for that. You can do better.

4) My semi-custom lines often outprice Fabuwood.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 13 2022, 5:26 pm
Rubber Ducky wrote:
Anything in the Allure series. I agree with Magnolia above about stained finishes looking better longer than painted, but white cabinets are painted (really catalyzed lacquer).

What do you advise people like me to buy if they have small kitchens and decorators say theres nothing like painted white cabinets to brighten and enlarge kitchens. That includes any kind of lights installed in the kitchen. White is clean and light. Ive had dark cabinets for so long, I want white.

Which kitchen brands do you recommend where I can get the best deal for about 30 running feet of cabinets (the 30 running feet includes appliances) for under $25,000 for cabinets?

tia

Rubber Ducky

Post Sun, Nov 13 2022, 6:23 pm
Consider a TSS surface, which will be be more durable than painted, but you have to like European/Israeli modern. It's high pressure laminate (frameless only). I just priced this layout at about $25,000 in Wellsford, which is a fully custom line. It's more than 30 linear feet (but they're about to raise prices): https://wellsfordcabinetry.com...../#tts

I don't know anything about prices or what you really get (level of service) outside of my own daled amos in Maryland.

Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen