Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
North Shore Hebrew Academy High School

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 13 2022, 9:39 pm
Hi!
My daughter is in 8th grade and we are looking into high schools. We have been to multiple open houses and found every one of them very informative. However, the one school that sticks out to my daughter is North Shore. She has been talking about this school since before we even went to the open house. As of right now, this is her first choice school. Does anyone send here? Would love to hear a parent's perspective outside of the open house.

amother
Stonewash

Post Sun, Nov 13 2022, 9:43 pm
Im from GN. My brothers went there. I was there for a year but switched.
A few years ago it was extremely cliquey, and most of the student body come from very very wealthy homes.
Does your daughter have friends going with her? It's hard to "break into" a chevra there

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 13 2022, 9:50 pm
amother Stonewash wrote:
Im from GN. My brothers went there. I was there for a year but switched.
A few years ago it was extremely cliquey, and most of the student body come from very very wealthy homes.
Does your daughter have friends going with her? It's hard to "break into" a chevra there

Thank you for your response. This is a big concern of mine. She might be going with one or 2 friends, but not sure just yet. My daughter is pretty outgoing but I'm still a bit worried of the school being too cliquey.

amother
Stonewash

Post Sun, Nov 13 2022, 9:52 pm
amother OP wrote:
Thank you for your response. This is a big concern of mine. She might be going with one or 2 friends, but not sure just yet. My daughter is pretty outgoing but I'm still a bit worried of the school being too cliquey.

Hmm.
Education there is very good.
I dont know your religious level. Are you looking into other schools?
Would you look into an all girls school?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 13 2022, 10:02 pm
amother Stonewash wrote:
Hmm.
Education there is very good.
I dont know your religious level. Are you looking into other schools?
Would you look into an all girls school?

We are modern orthodox. My daughter is currently in a coed middle school (boys and girls are separate though). We are looking into other high schools, one of which is all girls. I was not so impressed with the all girls school though. She does prefer to continue in a coed setting.

amother
Blue

Post Mon, Nov 14 2022, 3:48 pm
extremely modern... very cliquey and wealthy also. I don't know what your hashkafa is within modern orthodox but moms dont cover hair and there are mixed parties and pool parties etc. and its not unusual to not keep shabbos

amother
OP

Post Mon, Nov 14 2022, 5:05 pm
amother Blue wrote:
extremely modern... very cliquey and wealthy also. I don't know what your hashkafa is within modern orthodox but moms dont cover hair and there are mixed parties and pool parties etc. and its not unusual to not keep shabbos

Thank you so much for your response. I really appreciate the feedback!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics