Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Raizy fried puberty talk
  1  2  3  9  10  11  Next

amother
OP

Post Mon, Nov 14 2022, 6:18 pm
Anyone heard this and can tell me if it was good amd worth it?
Want to know if it's worth paying to listen to it..my daughter is 9 yo!

amother
Lily

Post Mon, Nov 14 2022, 7:10 pm
Shiur by Miriam Davidson on how to talk to developing daughters.

641-715-3800
access code 444657#
Press 17

amother
Currant

Post Wed, Nov 16 2022, 3:42 pm
Bumping this up. Wondering the same.

amother
Tiffanyblue

Post Wed, Nov 16 2022, 3:43 pm
following

amother
Bottlebrush

Post Wed, Nov 16 2022, 3:47 pm
I think she offers a 3 day free trial.

amother
Currant

Post Wed, Nov 16 2022, 10:18 pm
I don't see a free trial. Is it tachlis or a bunch of hype?

amother
Moccasin

Post Wed, Nov 16 2022, 10:49 pm
I don’t know why people need someone to feed them how to discuss basic facts of life with their own child. I find it weird.

dena613

Post Thu, Nov 17 2022, 12:01 am
Raizy fried the instagrammer/blogger/chef?

Why don't you just read the threads here on imA? There are some really good ones!

amother
Plum

Post Thu, Nov 17 2022, 12:05 am
dena613 wrote:
Raizy fried the instagrammer/blogger/chef?

Why don't you just read the threads here on imA? There are some really good ones!

She isn't the one giving the advice. She has Malky Weingarten talk about it.

amother
Clematis

Post Thu, Nov 17 2022, 12:11 am
Malky said to take the kid out for the day, let them choose what to do and where to eat, and have the conversation during the course of that day (while walking to the next place for example). She is a fan of using euphemisms like "down there." She said to make a big deal about how it's so exciting, it means their body is healthy, etc etc. Say "come tell me right away when you get your period because I'm going to do a whole song and dance!"

That was pretty much it! She said to do the s-x conversation later on. No details on what to say.

amother
Cornsilk

Post Thu, Nov 17 2022, 12:15 am
amother Clematis wrote:
Malky said to take the kid out for the day, let them choose what to do and where to eat, and have the conversation during the course of that day (while walking to the next place for example). She is a fan of using euphemisms like "down there." She said to make a big deal about how it's so exciting, it means their body is healthy, etc etc. Say "come tell me right away when you get your period because I'm going to do a whole song and dance!"

That was pretty much it! She said to do the s-x conversation later on. No details on what to say.

down there? seriously?
im cringing lol
did she mean it in a joking way?
why would I make such a big deal about it and take the whole day to explain it?

amother
Clematis

Post Thu, Nov 17 2022, 12:26 am
amother Cornsilk wrote:
down there? seriously?
im cringing lol
did she mean it in a joking way?
why would I make such a big deal about it and take the whole day to explain it?

No she wasn't joking. She said "I don't believe in using 'medical terms', I just say 'down there'."

She didn't say take the whole day. Just at some point during the day. You do a fun day out to give them positive associations.

amother
Strawberry

Post Thu, Nov 17 2022, 12:35 am
"down there" is not going to to teach our daughters positive self body image or give them the language they need to Gd forbid shout abuse shld they need it. or to explain to a Dr if something is wrong "down there".
please ladies, name the body part. you want to also use Yiddish, loshon hakodesh, the way your 3 yr old calls it ,,,fine, but give a budding tween the actual name - it isn't a dirty word you know.
secondly the idea of spending a whole day makes a big deal of a convo that shld be broached gently and slowly already a few times so it's an open door policy on the topic. kid knows she can ask any questions, any tim, doesn't have to wait for another special day out to clarify or ask something. honestly! a day out is gorg of course but don't make such a drama imho

amother
Khaki

Post Thu, Nov 17 2022, 12:41 am
She needs to stick to cooking. Oy!!

imaima

Post Thu, Nov 17 2022, 12:54 am
amother Moccasin wrote:
I don’t know why people need someone to feed them how to discuss basic facts of life with their own child. I find it weird.

Me neither
Puberty is not as hard to explaas some experts make it out to be

essie14

Post Thu, Nov 17 2022, 1:04 am
It should be an ongoing discussion, not a one time day out activity.
I don't know anyone who takes their DD out alone for a full day activity just to talk about menstruation.

I started at age 4 and as things come up I explain them to DD.
Do NOT use euphemisms! It's terrible for children not to know the names of their body parts.
Lots of resources here.
https://www.imamother.com/foru.....97767

amother
Candycane

Post Thu, Nov 17 2022, 1:18 am
From what the poster above wrote, I understood that the advice is to use euphemisms during the first conversation and have a more details talk later.
While I'm not sure I agree with that, an overload of information is also not good and too overwhelming for some kids. Best is a series of conversations. There can be an initial conversation, with asnwers to the kid's questions, letting them process that information, and adding more details over time, as you share and they ask more. Technical details about different size pads, liners can also come later.
Best is probably not to push any one style on the kid, but start the conversation and take the cue from them. Some want to know everything right away and some just want a general picture and then to fill in the details later.

essie14

Post Thu, Nov 17 2022, 1:36 am
amother Candycane wrote:
From what the poster above wrote, I understood that the advice is to use euphemisms during the first conversation and have a more details talk later.
While I'm not sure I agree with that, an overload of information is also not good and too overwhelming for some kids. Best is a series of conversations. There can be an initial conversation, with asnwers to the kid's questions, letting them process that information, and adding more details over time, as you share and they ask more. Technical details about different size pads, liners can also come later.
Best is probably not to push any one style on the kid, but start the conversation and take the cue from them. Some want to know everything right away and some just want a general picture and then to fill in the details later.
Raizy Fried is not any kind of child professional.
NO professional (therapist, Dr, etc) will say that it's ever wise to use euphemisms.
A child can use the words v*lva and v@gina at age 2.

amother
Narcissus

Post Thu, Nov 17 2022, 1:41 am
Maybe it’s community sensitive.

chanatron1000

Post Thu, Nov 17 2022, 1:51 am
Kids need to know the names of specific parts simply because it's important to understand the specifics even when it comes to hygiene.
Page 1 of 11   1  2  3  9  10  11  Next Recent Topics