Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Family trip from Israel to Europe?
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, Nov 15 2022, 3:43 am
Looking to possibly travel with family of 6 young kids (2-15) from Israel to somewhere in Europe this upcoming summer. Has anyone done a trip that they'd recommend? We'd need places that would have a minyan. Thanks

amother
Broom

Post Tue, Nov 15 2022, 4:15 am
Europe is huge!

London
Paris
Spain - few different locations

twizzlers1

Post Tue, Nov 15 2022, 4:16 am
Hi you are welcome to pm me. We went to Budapest in the past and happy to share our itinerary. We really like family vacations and I try to find things on. a budget. And if you can find good tickets which they're not as cheap as they used to be you can come out cheaper than being in Israel.

DrMom

Post Tue, Nov 15 2022, 5:25 am
London
Paris
Rome
Venice
Florence
Prague
Vienna
Budapest
Cyprus

What kind of activities do you enjoy?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Nov 15 2022, 5:28 am
We enjoy FUN, not hiking. Which place is the most reasonably priced, after taking into account travel from Israel, accommodations, food, transportation?

Cookies n Cake

Post Tue, Nov 15 2022, 5:32 am
amother OP wrote:
We enjoy FUN, not hiking. Which place is the most reasonably priced, after taking into account travel from Israel, accommodations, food, transportation?

If you need daily minyanim, you are limited where you travel.
What type of fun? Touring? Site Seeing?
Or like arcades/zoos?

Cookies n Cake

Post Tue, Nov 15 2022, 5:33 am
twizzlers1 wrote:
Hi you are welcome to pm me. We went to Budapest in the past and happy to share our itinerary. We really like family vacations and I try to find things on. a budget. And if you can find good tickets which they're not as cheap as they used to be you can come out cheaper than being in Israel.

PMing you!

DrMom

Post Tue, Nov 15 2022, 5:35 am
amother OP wrote:

Everybody enjoys FUN. What do you find fun? (I find hiking fun. Others like museums, beaches, watersports, cafes, people-watching, etc.)

As for the rest: You are asking for a lot of research from us. Start pricing flights, accommodations, etc. yourself. Obviously Paris and London are expensive destinations (but if you get cheap flights, it may balance out; also depends on the length of your stay.), and Budapest and Cyprus are cheaper.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Nov 15 2022, 5:47 am
I know I'm asking a lot, I wanted to know more from personal experience, if anyone has actually done a trip from Israel to Europe with a family of young kids/teenagers, and if yes, then which place in Europe makes the most sense for us to do. The kids know about London the most, and that would be the top of my list, but it seems like accommodations and food can get to be very expensive. Fun for us means sightseeing, zoos, interactive activities, cool museums, sports

amother
PlumPink

Post Tue, Nov 15 2022, 6:22 am
We went to Switzerland- but unless you go in vacation season, there’s no minyanim in the vacation areas. You have to bring food with you or pick up food in Zurich. Also we like hiking. The kids friendly sort.

Bnei Berak 10

Post Tue, Nov 15 2022, 6:39 am
amother OP wrote:
I know I'm asking a lot, I wanted to know more from personal experience, if anyone has actually done a trip from Israel to Europe with a family of young kids/teenagers, and if yes, then which place in Europe makes the most sense for us to do. The kids know about London the most, and that would be the top of my list, but it seems like accommodations and food can get to be very expensive. Fun for us means sightseeing, zoos, interactive activities, cool museums, sports

Summer is high season in all EU countries as kids have vacation.
Do you need minyanim and kosher food hotels/restaurants?
Personally I would check out Budapest and other east european cities they tend to be better prices than UK Germany Belgium etc.

Chickensoupprof

Post Tue, Nov 15 2022, 6:44 am
Bnei Berak 10 wrote:
Summer is high season in all EU countries as kids have vacation.
Do you need minyanim and kosher food hotels/restaurants?
Personally I would check out Budapest and other east european cities they tend to be better prices than UK Germany Belgium etc.

Belgium is nice but can also be expensive, inflation is also rising here, also in the Netherlands (hi Hi)
OP the options are enormous! It is a really big continent. If you decide to do Belgium you can easily stay in Antwerp get sandwiches, go to the Efteling in the Netherlands or see the city of Rotterdam, go see Brussels, Antwerp Zoo, visit me... Go for a day to the Ardennes stroll around there with a bag of sandwiches, go mb by train to London or Amsterdam...

amother
Cornsilk

Post Tue, Nov 15 2022, 7:15 am
https://www.mykosherhotel.it/e.....r.php

amother
Oldlace

Post Tue, Nov 15 2022, 7:26 am
Just returned from Rome on Sunday. There were Israelis everywhere. Rome is great because there is so much ancient culture that is easily accessible but also so much Jewish history. There is delicious kosher food and snacks (pizza, gelato, pastries!) all in the Ghetto and a few outposts in other neighborhoods. Italians are also much more accommodating of food needs than in other countries. There are shuls and minyanim as well. We took a day trip by train to Florence. You can also arrange a day trip to Pompeii and Herculaneum in the South. Rome and Venice can be combined. Venice has similar Jewish infrastructure. Happy travels.

4g01o

Post Tue, Nov 15 2022, 7:37 am
Venice!
I don't know if there are daily minyanim there though. There is a kosher restaurant.

Then you can go to another part of Italy. It's beautiful there, but not cheap at all.

amother
Broom

Post Tue, Nov 15 2022, 7:46 am
I live in London and will be going away in the summer. Lots of families here do. I’m sure you can rent someone’s house for cheap in august after Tisha Bav. Potentially mine, come to think of it.

amother
Caramel

Post Tue, Nov 15 2022, 11:43 am
amother OP wrote:
I would definently recommend Antwerp, Belgium! many daily minyanim also quite a big variety of kosher food for Europe. Nice things to do in Antwerp itself or you can take day trips to many places (The Netherlands, Knokke, Brussels,..) that are not so far from Antwerp. If u have more question feel free to post

Ruchi

Post Tue, Nov 15 2022, 11:31 pm
amother OP wrote:

Perhaps you could make an accommodation swap to make it cheaper.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Nov 17 2022, 4:18 am
Has anyone taken their kids to Dubai?

Bnei Berak 10

Post Thu, Nov 17 2022, 4:56 am
amother OP wrote:
Has anyone taken their kids to Dubai?

Haven't been there. You go to in Dubai winter time, not summer.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics