Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Rent the Runway feedback

amother
OP

Post Tue, Nov 15 2022, 9:51 pm
Has anyone had experience with getting a gown from Rent the Runway? Can you tell me how it worked out. Were you happy? Would you recommend it to others? Is it worthwhile to do it? Are there any risks if you know your size in a specific dress and use it to borrow it for an event? Thanks

amother
Obsidian

Post Tue, Nov 15 2022, 9:57 pm
I used to use it often for dresses for weddings. At least once the dress never showed up and I didn’t have a backup and I was screwed. I would never use it for an important event that I didn’t have backup for

amother
OP

Post Tue, Nov 15 2022, 10:03 pm
Wow! So scary. It's my son's bar mitzvah. I thought it was a good way to get a day dress gir cheap that I would not wear again. Now I am scared to rely on it. I wonder if other ppl had this issue too. Did you contact them about the dress? What was their response?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Nov 16 2022, 8:25 am
Bumping this up if anyone else has any experience or comments to add. Thanks

amother
Strawberry

Post Wed, Nov 16 2022, 8:33 am
I have 2 friends who did this for their bar mitzvahs.

I think they ordered early and payed to keep it double time so that she had extra time to have it in her house before the event.

I know she was happy. I don’t know if I could handle the stress.

amother
Wandflower

Post Wed, Nov 16 2022, 8:45 am
I've used it a couple of times and was very happy. One time I lived close to the flagship store so I ordered straight to there to avoid delivery issues. I've since left the U.S. so haven't used it since.

At the time I used it you would get to order a freebie duplicate in another size when you ordered it. I only rented things that had multiple reviews and images from prior users. Those are pretty reliable and people tell you how the fit is, their own dimensions, plus you can see from the pictures. If I still lived in the U.S., I would probably still be using it.

amother
Obsidian

Post Wed, Nov 16 2022, 8:48 am
amother OP wrote:
Wow! So scary. It's my son's bar mitzvah. I thought it was a good way to get a day dress gir cheap that I would not wear again. Now I am scared to rely on it. I wonder if other ppl had this issue too. Did you contact them about the dress? What was their response?

It was for a Sunday wedding. It was supposed to come Saturday. There’s no one to contact over the weekend. I was out of luck. It was a distant cousins wedding but I didn’t go. I stayed home because I had no backup dress. I would NOT use them for your sons bar mitzvah

amother
Wandflower

Post Wed, Nov 16 2022, 9:32 am
amother Obsidian wrote:
It was for a Sunday wedding. It was supposed to come Saturday. There’s no one to contact over the weekend. I was out of luck. It was a distant cousins wedding but I didn’t go. I stayed home because I had no backup dress. I would NOT use them for your sons bar mitzvah

Wow, I'm so sorry that happened and yes, I wouldn't use it with zero backup. But for me, backup at that point was a suitable dress that I'd already worn to a prior event. I agree that if op is relying on it to make or break her attendance at an event, don't do it, even though I've had positive experiences with them. It can be a great option if you have an old option to fall back on but want something new that doesn't break the bank.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics