Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Our Challenging Children (gifted, ADHD, sensitive, defiant)
Low dose nutritional lithium
Previous  1  2

amother
Topaz

Post Thu, Dec 01 2022, 4:59 am
Oh thanks, I see you just responded

#BestBubby

Post Thu, Dec 01 2022, 5:00 am
amother Jasmine wrote:
With regular lithium, there were regular blood tests and things you couldn't take at the same time. What are the guidelines for this one, and how do you report it to your doctors and pharmacist? I've never seen it, so I don't know anything about it.

The drug is lithium CALCITRATE, which is dangerous.

The supplement is lithium OROTATE which is safe, not one death or serious injury in 40 years.

Safer than Tylenol or aspirin.

amother
Topaz

Post Thu, Dec 01 2022, 5:02 am
It says not to take when pregnant so I was careful not to. Is it not really a problem?

#BestBubby

Post Thu, Dec 01 2022, 10:54 am
amother Topaz wrote:
It says not to take when pregnant so I was careful not to. Is it not really a problem?

There are no studies, so don't take when pregnant

amother
OP

Post Thu, Dec 01 2022, 12:04 pm
How long does it take to see results? Decided to just go ahead and give to DS based on a lot of positive reviews and studies. It's been two weeks and no noticeable changes... yet?

mimom

Post Thu, Dec 01 2022, 12:05 pm
Also, it says on the bottle not to take with SSRIs.

amother
Cinnamon

Post Thu, Dec 01 2022, 9:10 pm
We tried it for my 8 year old. He became crazier on it. I’m so glad I realized and we stopped

amother
Topaz

Post Thu, Dec 01 2022, 9:15 pm
I saw instant results, it was a spray.. If you're not seeing results might need to try something else..

amother
Brown

Post Mon, Dec 05 2022, 8:06 am
amother OP wrote:
How long does it take to see results? Decided to just go ahead and give to DS based on a lot of positive reviews and studies. It's been two weeks and no noticeable changes... yet?
Would you try upping the dose? They may need more.

What were you hoping to see? Are you looking for subtle changes as well, not only obvious shifts?

Is this the only intervention you are currently doing or is there more?

Asking these questions because sometimes no change just means it wasn’t right for our kid, but it could also mean not long enough, or it could mean it’s doing good things it’s just not noticeable because there’s too much else going on that needs to be addressed first.

amother
Hyacinth

Post Thu, Dec 08 2022, 6:37 am
Anyone have a link for a tried and true low dose lithium appropriate for a tween that can swallow small pills?
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Our Challenging Children (gifted, ADHD, sensitive, defiant)