Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Pre-maternity wedding gown

amother
OP

Post Wed, Nov 16 2022, 12:36 pm
I'll be in my 5th month by my sister's wedding, and I'm looking for something a bit high-waisted, but not so maternity-looking yet. Any ideas about where to shop?

amother
Bergamot

Post Wed, Nov 16 2022, 3:26 pm
Please don't call it a wedding gown, which is what the bride wears. I should hope the wedding gown would be VERY Pre-maternity! What you want is a formal gown to wear to a wedding as a member of the bridal party, IOW a sister-of-the-bride or matron-of-honor gown. What month are you in now? Is this your first pregnancy? If not, how big do you usually carry? For some people, by the fifth month you can't hide anything and you shouldn't bother trying. You really can't buy something now unless you shop with one of those pillows that strap onto your midsection.

Window

Post Wed, Nov 16 2022, 3:27 pm
Just buy a size up

amother
Crystal

Post Wed, Nov 16 2022, 3:43 pm
amother Bergamot wrote:
Please don't call it a wedding gown, which is what the bride wears. I should hope the wedding gown would be VERY Pre-maternity! What you want is a formal gown to wear to a wedding as a member of the bridal party, IOW a sister-of-the-bride or matron-of-honor gown. What month are you in now? Is this your first pregnancy? If not, how big do you usually carry? For some people, by the fifth month you can't hide anything and you shouldn't bother trying. You really can't buy something now unless you shop with one of those pillows that strap onto your midsection.

Actually it's called a bridal gown

cuffs

Post Wed, Nov 16 2022, 5:16 pm
I would go for a straight fitted gown with no waist, this way your belly can pop just a little but not be wearing something “maternity”

amother
Peachpuff

Post Wed, Nov 16 2022, 5:22 pm
Size up but be prepared to spend a lot on alterations.

amother
Molasses

Post Wed, Nov 16 2022, 5:52 pm
When I was in my 5th month carrying small at my sister’s wedding, I got a regular sized gown that was waisted from a gown rental. The lady lifted the waistline so it would start above my belly, not across it, and it looked amazing! Go to a gown rental where they do the alterations for you. I went to Sarelli in Brooklyn

amother
Razzmatazz

Post Wed, Nov 16 2022, 6:00 pm
amother Bergamot wrote:

Are you the language police?

pause

Post Wed, Nov 16 2022, 6:02 pm
amother Bergamot wrote:
Please don't call it a wedding gown, which is what the bride wears. I should hope the wedding gown would be VERY Pre-maternity! What you want is a formal gown to wear to a wedding as a member of the bridal party, IOW a sister-of-the-bride or matron-of-honor gown.

Woah, what a rant!

a2z

Post Thu, Nov 17 2022, 12:47 pm
amother Razzmatazz wrote:
Are you the language police?

I'm sorry but it does sound very weird

basyisrael18

Post Thu, Nov 17 2022, 1:01 pm
amother OP wrote:
I'll be in my 5th month by my sister's wedding, and I'm looking for something a bit high-waisted, but not so maternity-looking yet. Any ideas about where to shop?

Try instagowns.

https://instagowns.com/
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics