Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
How do people afford private OT?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Nov 17 2022, 12:30 am
I live in the greater Lakewood area and was told my son's issues would benefit from OT for reflex integration (at one of the clinics here). I would have to pay out of pocket.
For reference, he went to childrens specialized already for a few years, but he needs reflex integration help specifically.
I just want to know how people are able to afford this? I want to do the best for my child, but financially, it will be very tricky.

amother
Geranium

Post Thu, Nov 17 2022, 12:32 am
Do you have medicaid or private insurance? Private insurance often reimburses out of network, which is what many people do.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Nov 17 2022, 12:37 am
I have medicaid.
That's good to know about private insurance. I wonder if financially, it would make sense to get a policy just for this child. I wonder how much a policy is for one child and if it would make sense to do that.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Nov 17 2022, 12:49 am
Also, if this private insurance idea is a good route, can anyone recommend a specific clinic in lakewood that takes the private insurance?
And would be extra nice if someone has gone this route and would share which insurance they are on and which clinic they used.

Thank you
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics