Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Is this even normal? Makeup artist prices
1  2  3  Next

amother
OP

Post Thu, Nov 17 2022, 8:56 pm
Dd wants to book makeup artist and they gave her a price of $700-1000.
Why does it cost so much more than a reg MUA? Am I missing something?

amother
Raspberry

Post Thu, Nov 17 2022, 9:02 pm
amother OP wrote:
Dd wants to book makeup artist and they gave her a price if $700-1000.

The price for a kallah usually includes several faces, the make-up artist going down to your home/hall, and her coming back after chuppa to do touch ups. The price is not outrageous for what you get.

amother
DarkGray

Post Thu, Nov 17 2022, 9:24 pm
amother OP wrote:

They charge what they want because people will pay it. I'm sure you can find other cheaper talented people who just might not be as "insta famous ".

amother
Brickred

Post Thu, Nov 17 2022, 9:36 pm
It's ridiculous and not worth the hype.
You will be just as happy with someone who charges less.

amother
Black

Post Thu, Nov 17 2022, 9:41 pm
If she wants to completely change her natural face - price sounds right.
If she wants to be herself just a little more glammed up - totally unnecessary.
Alot of hype.
I literally did my makeup myself for my wedding and I don't regret it. My pics also came out beautiful regardless. I didn't need contour and shaping. I was just plain old me-just a little glam.
If she insists than I doubt you can persuade her. But that is expensive.

Last edited by amother on Thu, Nov 17 2022, 9:41 pm; edited 1 time in total

bsy

Post Thu, Nov 17 2022, 9:41 pm
You don't need a "brand name" mua. I use someone fantastic and she's much cheaper.

amother
Melon

Post Thu, Nov 17 2022, 9:47 pm
Sounds insane to me.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Nov 17 2022, 9:49 pm
For her hair, its a separate booking and around that price. I cant even fathom spending that. S

The crazy thing is she is gorgeous with just a touch of makeup. She looks worse with too much. But she has to 'get it done' like everyone does....

Btw whenever she got it done for friend/cousins wedding, she didnt end up liking. So I need to pay over 1000 and take a chance...

Amarante

Post Thu, Nov 17 2022, 9:51 pm
I thought the price for wedding makeup usually includes a "rehearsal" where they do the makeup so that you know what you are getting.

Is the makeup person going to stay there for a long period of time to touch it up?

amother
Raspberry

Post Thu, Nov 17 2022, 9:55 pm
amother OP wrote:
For her hair, its a separate booking and around that price. I cant even fathom spending that. S

The crazy thing is she is gorgeous with just a touch of makeup. She looks worse with too much. But she has to 'get it done' like everyone does....

Btw whenever she got it done for friend/cousins wedding, she didnt end up liking. So I need to pay over 1000 and take a chance...

This price usually includes a trial before the wedding to make sure that you'll like the results. Ask the make-up artist about it.

amother
Celeste

Post Thu, Nov 17 2022, 10:47 pm
amother OP wrote:

That doesn't sound right at all. I'm making a wedding and we're paying $125. I was told that's a normal to high price for that city. I know the bride pays more, but not hundreds more! What are they doing to her for that price?

amother
Raspberry

Post Thu, Nov 17 2022, 11:02 pm
amother Celeste wrote:
That doesn't sound right at all. I'm making a wedding and we're paying $125. I was told that's a normal to high price for that city. I know the bride pays more, but not hundreds more! What are they doing to her for that price?

$125 for 1 face. Is she coming to your house/hall? Coming to the hall after chuppa for touch ups?
A kallah make-up package usually includes the kallah & families faces, coming to the house/hall, and touch ups after chuppa. You probably don't end up paying more than $125 per face, you also pay for service.

mrsx

Post Thu, Nov 17 2022, 11:06 pm
I believe in the tristate area the going rates range between 800-1300 even going as high as 2500. This usually includes 4-5 faces, travel, and sometimes staying until after the chuppah

amother
Celeste

Post Thu, Nov 17 2022, 11:25 pm
amother Raspberry wrote:
$125 for 1 face. Is she coming to your house/hall? Coming to the hall after chuppa for touch ups?
A kallah make-up package usually includes the kallah & families faces, coming to the house/hall, and touch ups after chuppa. You probably don't end up paying more than $125 per face, you also pay for service.

If she's paying this much for multiple faces then it makes sense. Op said it's for her dd, I thought she meant just for one person.

amother
Raspberry

Post Thu, Nov 17 2022, 11:35 pm
amother Celeste wrote:
If she's paying this much for multiple faces then it makes sense. Op said it's for her dd, I thought she meant just for one person.

Those prices generally include the kallahs family, up to a certain amount of people. So if the limit is 6 faces, it will be the same price for 2 faces or 6 faces.

amother
Blushpink

Post Sun, Nov 20 2022, 7:24 am
10 years ago, the most expensive name's in the industry in Brooklyn were already charging $2500 for kallah and up to 4 faces.
+ additonal travel fee if necessary.

There were always people who did it for $35 a face as well.

It costs this much because people are willing to pay.
And that's ok.

No one is forcing you to pay these prices.
It's a free market.

You can always use the people charging less.

amother
Lightgreen

Post Sun, Nov 20 2022, 7:30 am
How long do they usually take to do one face?
Do those high-end people all stay the entire time/come back after chuppah?

amother
Lightgreen

Post Sun, Nov 20 2022, 7:31 am
amother Blushpink wrote:
10 years ago, the most expensive name's in the industry in Brooklyn were already charging $2500 for kallah and up to 4 faces.
+ additonal travel fee if necessary.

There were always people who did it for $35 a face as well.

It costs this much because people are willing to pay.
And that's ok.

No one is forcing you to pay these prices.
It's a free market.

You can always use the people charging less.

Travel meaning coming down to the hall? Another town?

amother
Milk

Post Sun, Nov 20 2022, 7:43 am
It’s insane but people are paying it so they can continue charging and even go up in price same with anything else out there. I paid for the Kallah her hair and makeup with my other daughters hair and makeup and my makeup $750 she also came back after chuppa

amother
Lightgreen

Post Sun, Nov 20 2022, 7:47 am
amother Milk wrote:
It’s insane but people are paying it so they can continue charging and even go up in price same with anything else out there. I paid for the Kallah her hair and makeup with my other daughters hair and makeup and my makeup $750 she also came back after chuppa

The same person did both?
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics