Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices
Internet rules - lakewood - work device

amother
OP

Post Fri, Nov 18 2022, 12:57 pm
If you live in Lakewood and work for a non-jewish company and have a laptop/phone owned by them, and send to a mossad that requires specific filters, did you: install it on your employers computer, push back, not tell them?

My workplace owns and manages my phone, and I setup Apple restrictions to block categories and require a password to unblock restricted sites. Phone is password protected and kids are not allowed to touch it.

I always just checked off that my phone is filtered and wasn't asked for details, but schools are starting to enforce meetings with TAG to signoff , wwyd about work devices?

amother
Lightgray

Post Fri, Nov 18 2022, 1:20 pm
1. I'd assume they mean a personal phone not a work one.

2. If I had a phone through work, I'd ONLY use it for work. Nothing else. Anytime I've received a device through work I've had to sign a technology agreement that it's for work related usage only and can be monitored etc. Didn't you get one to sign? I think it's pretty standard.
I currently have a laptop from work and I don't access a single personal thing, whether it’s my personal email or checking the news and definitely no entertainment or bill payments etc.

amother
Watermelon

Post Fri, Nov 18 2022, 1:26 pm
You aren’t allowed to put anything on their devices, at the least the places I work for. I don’t discuss those devices because I can’t use it for personal use. But if I would tell them about it I would say it’s their device so they get logs of my activity. They are my filter. And also most of the companies do put filters on and block p-rn generally.

amother
Blueberry

Post Fri, Nov 18 2022, 2:11 pm
Your work device is not their business.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Nov 18 2022, 2:39 pm
No, actually, everywhere I've worked in corporate america allows personal use of work devices as long as you follow the rules. Posting on imamother right now from work computer.

Many of my coworkers just use the work phone as their primary phone so they don't have to carry around two phones. Totally fine.

Just checking if it's dishonest to leave those devices off the list or that is what everyone else does.

amother
Jetblack

Post Fri, Nov 18 2022, 3:10 pm
I wrote on the paper for school that I have a work laptop as does my husband and cannot filter it
We did lock down the iPads with TAG and signed as such. Didn’t have any issues

amother
cornflower

Post Fri, Nov 18 2022, 3:41 pm
I have never worked in a place where explicitly they let people use work devices for personal use. On the contrary, it was explicitly forbidden. It is a huge security risk. Installing software on work devices really should not bebdone, for the same reason. You should be straightforward and disclose that you have work devices that cannot be filtered.
I also recommend not using your work devices for personal stuff, because you do not want to be the reason for a security breach, do you?

Amarante

Post Fri, Nov 18 2022, 4:12 pm
I think there are multiple issues.

Most companies do not want any software installed on devices they give out because it could create a huge issue with malware or spyware spreading through their network

Most companies accept that workers will use their devices for personal use. However, keep in mind that the company is tracking everything you do on your work devices so if you are not doing work related projects during company time, there could be issues for excessive use. Also anything you post on a work device is "owned" by the company and so you wouldn't want to use it for personal stuff. Even if you delete it, the chances are in a modern company, everything is stored on the cloud.

Even if you work from home, many companies have tracking software on computers you use and they keep track of your usage and can tell when you aren't working. Some of them actually have some kind of cameras and can tell if you are sitting in front of the computer.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics