Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Step-by-step instructions to straighten my daughters hair

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 20 2022, 6:42 am
Can someone give me Step-by-step instructions to straighten my 12 year old daughters hair. I have a hair straightener.

For the Totally clueless

SG18

Post Sun, Nov 20 2022, 7:34 am
It's basically just straighten when dry. If it's wet, it needs to be blown dry first.
If her hair is thick, use a pony or clip to keep top sections out of the way and do thinner sections at a time.

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Sun, Nov 20 2022, 7:37 am
When hair is clean and dry;
If hair is thick divide the hair into two layer by pinning up the top layer using ponies or clips (as is done when having a hair cut)
Then starting from one side of the head take some hair, but it between the metal pieces of the straightener as close s possible to the scalp without burning her and then slowly bring it down the length of the hair until there is nothing left inside the straightener. Start with a mid to low temperature and make it higher if you see it’s not working. Also experiment with how slow you need to go. Once you’ve done one strand just repeat around the whole head. Then let down the top layer that was pinned up and repeat.

You are an amazing mother for putting yourself out there to learn new things for the sake of your daughter!! Kudos to you!!

zoom

Post Sun, Nov 20 2022, 8:04 am
I woukd split it into sections.

Clip a bunch of hair up and start with a very small amount of hair at the bottom.

Better to start off doing thinner amounts first and do it slowly, make sure each layer is properly done before moving on to the next layer.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 20 2022, 8:20 am
amother Saddlebrown wrote:
When hair is clean and dry;
If hair is thick divide the hair into two layer by pinning up the top layer using ponies or clips (as is done when having a hair cut)
Then starting from one side of the head take some hair, but it between the metal pieces of the straightener as close s possible to the scalp without burning her and then slowly bring it down the length of the hair until there is nothing left inside the straightener. Start with a mid to low temperature and make it higher if you see it’s not working. Also experiment with how slow you need to go. Once you’ve done one strand just repeat around the whole head. Then let down the top layer that was pinned up and repeat.

You are an amazing mother for putting yourself out there to learn new things for the sake of your daughter!! Kudos to you!!

TY! if hair was washed on Friday is that considered clean hair?

amother
NeonOrange

Post Sun, Nov 20 2022, 2:53 pm
amother OP wrote:
TY! if hair was washed on Friday is that considered clean hair?

Not in my opinion but it depends on how oily her hair gets. Usually if I'm straightening hair I want it to last another day or 2 without washing so I would wash it the night before.

iammom

Post Sun, Nov 20 2022, 4:02 pm
I have curly hair and when I was single would straighten in sections - divide the hair in half by following the natural part from the forehead and continue to the nape of the neck. Clip up one side of hair To do later. Then take the side you’re working on and straighten it layer by layer starting from the bottom. Clip up the hair you’re not working on. Make your way up each side like that.

Good luck!

amother
Starflower

Post Sun, Nov 20 2022, 4:40 pm
There is a type of hair straightener that you can use with wet hair.
It needs to state that on the box
IMHO- it works best
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics