Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Perculator problems

Happyjewishmom1

Post Sun, Nov 20 2022, 5:13 pm
Hi, I recently purchased a new perculator.I let the first batch water boil and put new water, still had interesting taste. Let it it reboil again yet still that off hot water taste. Any ideas with new one how to get that taste away? Is it something that just has to settle after few times of refilling or shld I clean it out a diff way??

ra_mom

Post Sun, Nov 20 2022, 5:17 pm
It's a defect
https://www.imamother.com/foru.....70535

Happyjewishmom1

Post Sun, Nov 20 2022, 5:23 pm
Oh gosh, tx. It's the one bingo is selling. Company is prolux. What company do u recommend I get that won't have this taste? Or shld I get a new one of this company

ra_mom

Post Sun, Nov 20 2022, 5:58 pm
Happyjewishmom1 wrote:
Oh gosh, tx. It's the one bingo is selling. Company is prolux. What company do u recommend I get that won't have this taste? Or shld I get a new one of this company

Try reaching out to them, it doesn't hurt.

If you want to try cleaning it, buy citric acid. The spice companies have it listed as sour salt. Look for Prima or Lieber's in the spice isle. Otherwise you can order a full bag of citric acid on Amazon.
Fill urn with water. Add 4 Tbsp citric acid/sour salt. Turn on. Once fully boiled, spill out fully. Add clean water and bring to a boil again. Spill out. Prepare a clean batch of water and test the taste once it has come to a boil.

West Bend and Avantco are solid brands for hot water urns.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics