Home

Girls Schools
1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries

View latest: 24h 48h 72h

amother

OP

Post Mon, Nov 21 2022, 3:22 pm
Which schools in Lakewood have a Kindergarten for next year?
(Born in 2019)

amother

Powderblue

Post Mon, Nov 21 2022, 3:38 pm
Bnos Devorah
Bnos Bracha
Bais Tova
Chein Bais Yaakov

Chassidish and Sephardi schools

amother

Ultramarine

Post Mon, Nov 21 2022, 3:40 pm
And nachlas

amother

Amber

Post Mon, Nov 21 2022, 3:51 pm
amother Ultramarine wrote:
And nachlas

Not open to the public they don’t have enough room for all the siblings. Very few litvish schools accept for kindergarten. Most are too full with siblings. Newer ones have space like neemas

amother

Crocus

Post Mon, Nov 21 2022, 4:59 pm
Bnos Penina

amother

Silver

Post Mon, Nov 21 2022, 5:09 pm
Tehillas Chaya Sara

amother

OP

Post Tue, Nov 22 2022, 11:43 pm
Looking for a Heimish / Chasidish school.
My daughter is now in Bais Yaakov of BP, my husband wears a Shtreimel and curly peyos, during the week he wears short sleeve tshirts (sometimes colored but mostly white now). I wear a long wig, long skirts with socks (sometimes) and nail polish. I speak English to my kids while DH speaks Yiddish. I’d rather lean more Chasidish than Litvish. My Girls wear short sleeves til 6 at least depending on height and season etc.. my 3 year old still wears tops & leggings sometimes when she isn’t in school instead of dresses. Trying to give a picture of what type I am, having such a hard time finding out which school to apply to. Are schools even still giving out applications or I’m too late?

amother

Amber

Post Tue, Nov 22 2022, 11:45 pm
amother OP wrote:
Looking for a Heimish / Chasidish school.
My daughter is now in Bais Yaakov of BP, my husband wears a Shtreimel and curly peyos, during the week he wears short sleeve tshirts (sometimes colored but mostly white now). I wear a long wig, long skirts with socks (sometimes) and nail polish. I speak English to my kids while DH speaks Yiddish. I’d rather lean more Chasidish than Litvish. My Girls wear short sleeves til 6 at least depending on height and season etc.. my 3 year old still wears tops & leggings sometimes when she isn’t in school instead of dresses. Trying to give a picture of what type I am, having such a hard time finding out which school to apply to. Are schools even still giving out applications or I’m too late?

It’s a bit late. Try bnos penina

amother

Powderblue

Post Tue, Nov 22 2022, 11:47 pm
If she's going to kindergarten next year, you'd probably be better off waiting to apply to schools for Primary, and put her in a playgroup for kindergarten.
Did you move to Lakewood already?

Fabulous

Post Wed, Nov 23 2022, 12:14 am
It sounds like crowd wise you would fit into bnos pnina

amother

OP

Post Wed, Nov 23 2022, 8:09 pm
amother Powderblue wrote:
If she's going to kindergarten next year, you'd probably be better off waiting to apply to schools for Primary, and put her in a playgroup for kindergarten.
Did you move to Lakewood already?

Didn’t move yet not sure if moving for kindergarten or primary. I just don’t want to be too late for the schools that start in Kindergarten and have a harder time getting in for primary, if that makes sense….

Also for those saying bnos Penina I was told it’s not my type…..

amother

Amber

Post Wed, Nov 23 2022, 8:10 pm
amother OP wrote:
Didn’t move yet not sure if moving for kindergarten or primary. I just don’t want to be too late for the schools that start in Kindergarten and have a harder time getting in for primary, if that makes sense….

The way you described yourself describes at least half the parent body. In what way did they say it’s not your type? Are they in the school?

amother

Crocus

Post Wed, Nov 23 2022, 8:13 pm
amother OP wrote:

I think most everybody who ends up in Bnos Penina says it's not my type.
For some reason Bnos Penina does not have a good name.

amother

Clematis

Post Wed, Nov 23 2022, 8:50 pm
amother Crocus wrote:
I think most everybody who ends up in Bnos Penina says it's not my type.
For some reason Bnos Penina does not have a good name.

I send my kids to Bnos Penina. Also not my type lol. When asked why I send my kids to (all the different) the schools they go to- I say that this is where they were accepted. It’s not like there’s always a choice.

amother

Quince

Post Wed, Nov 23 2022, 9:09 pm
amother OP wrote:

sounds like bais hachinuch woud be better...
what did u mean by someties wearing socks?
Do you go out without, legs exposed too?

amother

Quince

Post Wed, Nov 23 2022, 9:21 pm
[quote="amother Quince"]sounds like bais hachinuch woud be better...
what did u mean by sometimes wearing socks?
Do you go out without also?
if u just mean when wearing long u wear socks then I would try Bais Hachinuch

amother

Powderblue

Post Wed, Nov 23 2022, 10:30 pm
amother OP wrote:

The schools that have kindergartens often have less slots for kindergarten. For example they may have one kindergarten class and then 2-3 Primary classes. And then they often fill up on siblings.

Also, if you wait for Primary, you'll won't have to only look into schools that have a kindergarten. Many don't.

And it's a bit late to be applying for either grade, so you may as well wait till next year and apply early for Primary.

amother

Honey

Post Wed, Nov 23 2022, 11:10 pm
Bais Hachinuch sounds like your type, very nice warm school

amother

Opal

Post Thu, Nov 24 2022, 10:18 pm
No yeshivish/heimish/chasidish school in Lakewood let's short sleeves at 5. There a just a few in the whole lakewood. Socks are more lenient.

amother

OP

Post Sun, Nov 27 2022, 1:58 am
[quote="amother Quince"]
amother Quince wrote:
sounds like bais hachinuch woud be better...
what did u mean by sometimes wearing socks?
Do you go out without also?
if u just mean when wearing long u wear socks then I would try Bais Hachinuch

Yes meant when wearing long skirts I wear socks sometimes.
Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next Recent Topics

View latest: 24h 48h 72h

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries