Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Pregnancy & Childbirth -> Baby Names
Phaya Tema
Previous  1  2

amother
NeonPurple

Post Tue, Nov 22 2022, 5:41 am
My daughter is Paya פאיא. It means “fine” like a refined person.
She is named for my grandmother. There are many grandchildren also named for her.

amother
Blue

Post Tue, Nov 22 2022, 6:27 am
I know a couple women named Paya . I never cared for the name but they are such sweet women that I actually really like the name now. (They both have a second name and are called by both names). The name Temma I have heard. you can use the nickname Temmy

amother
Kiwi

Post Tue, Nov 22 2022, 6:50 am
I know a chassidish girl named Faya but it's her second name and she goes by her first name.

amother
Bone

Post Tue, Nov 22 2022, 7:29 am
R' Dovid Feinstein's daughter is Faya Gittel, named for her grandmother.

I know several people named Temma.

amother
NeonPink

Post Tue, Nov 22 2022, 10:43 am
I had a student named Temi but that’s the only time I heard this name. Please think carefully and give your daughter a normal first or middle name so she can choose what to be called.

amother
Valerian

Post Tue, Nov 22 2022, 12:50 pm
My name is Tema טעמא. I go by Temmi טעמי. I have a very common second name which I don't use. (think popular name from tanach)

I LOVE my name.

I think it comes from the Hebrew word טעם- tasty. And it means like delight. That's what My parents always told me at least.

I know a Faya as well.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Pregnancy & Childbirth -> Baby Names