Home

Changing Position at Work (Shudder)

View latest: 24h 48h 72h

amother

OP

Post Tue, Nov 22 2022, 10:36 pm
I am currently 7+ years at my current job. My boss is shifting more and more responsibility towards my side. I usually don't mind it, as long that its quiet work. The issue is that I'm an introvert and lately he wants me to be on top of the other workers. Director. Manager. Wtver you want to call it. We used to do interviews together and last week, we had an interview scheduled, he called me up 10 minutes before 'I wont be able to be there, do it yourself' It's a week later and I'm still stuttering.

Im the type that 'you make the decision and Ill support it'. I have no interest in being on top or correcting other ppl.

The situation wont change, since the company is growing and I am the oldest employee. The other's are way younger than me.

How can I change myself?

amother

Seashell

Post Tue, Nov 22 2022, 10:45 pm
Have confidence in yourself. You can do it. And fake it till you make it.

amother

White

Post Tue, Nov 22 2022, 10:54 pm
You should be getting paid more, commensurate with your increased responsibility...... use that to motivate you to fake it till you make it.

amother

Hyacinth

Post Tue, Nov 22 2022, 10:57 pm
Personal growth happens when we struggle. It's hard but we need to take risks to grow. It's not good to be stagnant.

Also, we lie to ourselves most often... "Good lies remove imposter syndrome." So fake it 'til ya make it Smile

amother

Aubergine

Post Wed, Nov 23 2022, 10:11 pm
Same.

I just told my boss that they are my workmates and I don’t want to boss them.
He didn’t like it but at least he doesn’t make them ask me when they want to take off. Like do you seriously think I’ll tell them no??

amother

Raspberry

Post Sun, Nov 27 2022, 1:51 pm
it sounds like the opportunities he's giving you will really help you grow! I wouldn't recommend pushing them away... rather grow into the role! Have you tried self mastery classes like Dina Friedman or Chaya Hinda Allen? It sounds like you may have a lot of negative self talk that's keeping you back. If that is the case maybe consider a course... I think the positive effects will spill over into your work and home life as well.

On the flip side I'm a big extrovert and admire the middah of holding back and not always commenting and giving others their space! There is def. a place for that as long as it's healthy and not from lack of self esteem...

Hatzlacha!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

View latest: 24h 48h 72h