Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women -> Teachers' Room
S/o PSA to teachers

amother
OP

Post Tue, Nov 22 2022, 11:59 pm
The other thread about teachers got me thinking about this because someone mentioned not giving more work than you can grade...

Teachers, please, if you give a test grade it and give it back
If you give an assignment, mark it and give it back

PLEASE...my daughter spends so much time studying and puts so much effort into everything she does - can you at least show some acknowledgment for that???

If you're already giving the next test and haven't graded the one from two weeks before, something is wrong Confused

(Yes, yes, I know teachers are busy and they have kids at home, and they have no extra time...it's still not an excuse)

amother
Hyacinth

Post Wed, Nov 23 2022, 12:12 am
As a general rule, I like to give myself the same amount of time to grade the test as the amount of time I gave my students to study for it.

ie: if the girls had a week to study, I have a week to mark

I think that’s fair.

amother
DarkOrange

Post Wed, Nov 23 2022, 12:12 am
Most of us try our best. I usually either review a quiz with the girls in class so they know how they did, or grade short quizzes right away. Some tests with writing parts (essays) do take longer to read and grade. The things that take a really long time to grade are those that are handed in later than the rest of the class. Once you're done with a specific assignment, it is very difficult to do the late papers.

amother
Watermelon

Post Wed, Nov 23 2022, 9:32 am
Such a pet peeve of mine from school days. How can I know how well I did, if I studied optimally, or if I need a new system if it isn't graded with enough time for me to prepare for the next test?
It was totally not fair- even if they told us in advanced that a test will be on X date- how could I know how to study for it?
Same with essays etc.
If you don't give it back in a quick turnaround how can the students improve?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics