Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Simcha Section
What’s the average cost to marry off a girl these days?
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7

Bnei Berak 10

Post Fri, Nov 25 2022, 2:50 am
Most people would like to be able to cut out expenses on weddings but not many are prepared to really do the change and down sized screaming "it's a Simcha!" "It's not fair to the chosson and kallah!" It's once in a life time etc.

amother
Hunter

Post Fri, Nov 25 2022, 3:01 am
Listen, I have no problem spoiling a Kallah and giving her what she really wants.

But only in one or two areas.

She can pick the upgraded band, if it's really important to her. Or a custom gown that costs an obscene amount of money. Or the big diamond. Or the fancy china dishes. Or the Italian bedroom set.

BUT NOT ALL!!!

She doesn't need the fresh flowers AND the top makeup artist AND 4 videographers AND six pieces of jewelry AND solid silver flatware AND custom furniture.

Get the basics across the board and splurge in the few areas that she cares the most about.

Bnei Berak 10

Post Fri, Nov 25 2022, 3:36 am
amother Hunter wrote:
Listen, I have no problem spoiling a Kallah and giving her what she really wants.

She can pick the upgraded band, if it's really important to her. Or a custom gown that costs an obscene amount of money. Or the big diamond. Or the fancy china dishes. Or the Italian bedroom set.

BUT NOT ALL!!!

She doesn't need the fresh flowers AND the top makeup artist AND 4 videographers AND six pieces of jewelry AND solid silver flatware AND custom furniture.

Get the basics across the board and splurge in the few areas that she cares the most about.

Solid silver flatware? LOL Do people really get that?

amother
Burgundy

Post Fri, Nov 25 2022, 4:00 am
amother Hunter wrote:

BUT NOT ALL!!!

There are plenty of parents of Kallah's who don't have the option to spoil their daughter in any of these areas and still mange to make beautiful weddings.
We made a Takana wedding the hall gave us a couple of options of bands and photographers and we basically "chose" the one that was available. Happens to be our Mechutan was friends with the photographer so we had the top guy taking photos. Hall put out flowers and they looked beautiful. Basic dishes, basic beds, table and chairs from Walmart, bookcases too from Walmart our SIL put together himself. Our daughter wanted expensive makeup so she paid from her own $, my daughters and I used "new kids on the block" for hair and makeup and we paid under $50 each.

naturalmom5

Post Fri, Nov 25 2022, 11:56 am
amother Hunter wrote:

BUT NOT ALL!!!

Page 7 of 7   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7 Recent Topics