Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices
Pls help. What screen for nintendo switch, safe for kids?
Previous  1  2

mizle10

Post Thu, Nov 24 2022, 10:25 am
amother OP wrote:
You mean its a regular smart tv that can technically connect to internet, but you never connected it?

Do you mind posting a link of what you have?

Yes. It's a few years old, I don't have a link.

Never had any issues with it bh. Honestly, if a kid is going to somehow get a compatible remote, switch from HDMI to the smart TV screen, try logging on to the wifi and figuring out the wifi password (a long series of random letters and numbers) just to get to youtube... that kid is going to find internet access anywhere if they're that desperate.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Nov 24 2022, 11:05 am
mizle10 wrote:
Yes. It's a few years old, I don't have a link.

Never had any issues with it bh. Honestly, if a kid is going to somehow get a compatible remote, switch from HDMI to the smart TV screen, try logging on to the wifi and figuring out the wifi password (a long series of random letters and numbers) just to get to youtube... that kid is going to find internet access anywhere if they're that desperate.

Right. Im not that worried about my kids going to all that lengths for internet access because they are not at all "internet deprived"-we give them plenty of monitored internet access that is filtered on a bsaic level and gives us a report of which sites that tablet accessed. So they arent desperately looking for internet.
I just dont want another device to have to oversee.

mizle10

Post Thu, Nov 24 2022, 11:31 am
amother OP wrote:
Right. Im not that worried about my kids going to all that lengths for internet access because they are not at all "internet deprived"-we give them plenty of monitored internet access that is filtered on a bsaic level and gives us a report of which sites that tablet accessed. So they arent desperately looking for internet.
I just dont want another device to have to oversee.

Then I think you'll be fine with any Smart TV screen.

doctorima

Post Fri, Nov 25 2022, 10:37 am
Here's a deal on 2 linked 27" screens for only $260, so even if one isn't big enough for all the kids, but 2 should do the trick. It's not 4k however.

Personally I feel much more comfortable with a monitor like this that literally cannot connect to the Internet than any of the other smart options that someone could one day find a workaround for, perhaps not your kids, but a neighbor or relative.

https://www.dansdeals.com/shop.....ings/
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics