Home

LCSW earning potential, Lakewood area

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Working Women


View latest: 24h 48h 72h

amother




OP
 

Post Wed, Nov 23 2022, 1:45 pm
Are there any LCSWs on here (Lakewood) that can tell me what one can realistically expect to earn as a Social Worker? And how long it took to get to where you are.

I hear so many conflicting answers about whether you can earn anything decent. I know its not a field you go into for the money, but I can't go into a field without knowing what I am getting into either.

Please don't post here about how much you pay your therapist so they must be making a ton. You have no idea what their monthly or yearly take home pay is so its not relevant to my question.
Back to top

amother




Ghostwhite
 

Post Wed, Nov 23 2022, 2:41 pm
following! OP I think what the lcsw does will change the $$ earned. Are you asking about private/group practice? or clinic? or something else?
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post Wed, Nov 23 2022, 3:15 pm
amother Ghostwhite wrote:
following! OP I think what the lcsw does will change the $$ earned. Are you asking about private/group practice? or clinic? or something else?


Talking of clinical work. Would be interested in hearing both, private practice and clinic. And how long/hard it takes to get from clinic work to private practice work as well.
Back to top

amother




Eggshell
 

Post Wed, Nov 23 2022, 3:24 pm
I imagine there is a huge range.
It will depend on the setting, if you accept insurance, how in demand, how many hours you work a week……
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post Wed, Nov 23 2022, 3:34 pm
amother Eggshell wrote:
I imagine there is a huge range.
It will depend on the setting, if you accept insurance, how in demand, how many hours you work a week……


I know. That's why I want to hear from real people who are doing it.
Back to top

bella613




 
 
 
 

Post Wed, Nov 23 2022, 5:34 pm
I am interested also. But I am curious how much lsw makes before getting the c
Back to top

amother




Honeysuckle
 

Post Wed, Nov 23 2022, 6:43 pm
bella613 wrote:
I am interested also. But I am curious how much lsw makes before getting the c


That I can answer. Depends where but generally about $25-40/clinical hour (not including documentation and cancellations).
Back to top

amother




Iris
 

Post Wed, Nov 23 2022, 7:27 pm
LCSW in Lakewood here. Worked for about 10 years in clinics and schools before I fully built up my part time private practice. I make about $2,500 a week when it’s a full work week, pretaxes, consultation and other fees. Of course, it is less during Yom Tov, vacation, summer time and when there are cancellations.
Back to top

amother




Ghostwhite
 

Post Wed, Nov 23 2022, 7:32 pm
Iris, how many clients do you see on average? how many hours a week is 'built up'?
Back to top

amother




Iris
 

Post Wed, Nov 23 2022, 8:37 pm
About 15
Back to top

bella613




 
 
 
 

Post Wed, Nov 23 2022, 9:31 pm
amother Honeysuckle wrote:
That I can answer. Depends where but generally about $25-40/clinical hour (not including documentation and cancellations).

Thanks! Does an lsw it hat works in a health care setting, such as a hospital or nursing home make that much?
Back to top

bella613




 
 
 
 

Post Wed, Nov 23 2022, 9:33 pm
I am a msw but still needa get liscened
Back to top

amother




Honeysuckle
 

Post Wed, Nov 23 2022, 9:37 pm
bella613 wrote:
I am a msw but still needa get liscened


You don't need a license to work in a nursing home. Just an MSW.
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post Wed, Nov 23 2022, 10:05 pm
amother Iris wrote:
LCSW in Lakewood here. Worked for about 10 years in clinics and schools before I fully built up my part time private practice. I make about $2,500 a week when it’s a full work week, pretaxes, consultation and other fees. Of course, it is less during Yom Tov, vacation, summer time and when there are cancellations.


Thank you!
Can I ask what you did before you earned your "c"? And what you earned then?
And once you did earn your "C" did the pay go up for the same work, or is the only way to earn more to go private?
Back to top

amother




Iris
 

Post Wed, Nov 23 2022, 10:33 pm
I earned my C as soon as I was able to, about two years in. Before that, schools and clinics were okay with just a license. I received $45 an hour before my C and $65 after my C.
Back to top

amother




Dill
 

Post Wed, Nov 23 2022, 11:09 pm
amother Iris wrote:
I earned my C as soon as I was able to, about two years in. Before that, schools and clinics were okay with just a license. I received $45 an hour before my C and $65 after my C.

Is that a full hour? Or session?
Back to top

amother




Yarrow
 

Post Wed, Nov 23 2022, 11:52 pm
My husband is a therapist he said you work about 44 weeks a year. In order to answer you need to decide how many hours a week you want to work. Then there is the question of private practice vs clinic. You can expect about 2 cancellations a week. per 10 clients. The rate in a clinic vary from 45 -65 $ per a session. Some clinics will salary you. This is the formula.
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post Thu, Nov 24 2022, 10:36 am
amother Yarrow wrote:
My husband is a therapist he said you work about 44 weeks a year. In order to answer you need to decide how many hours a week you want to work. Then there is the question of private practice vs clinic. You can expect about 2 cancellations a week. per 10 clients. The rate in a clinic vary from 45 -65 $ per a session. Some clinics will salary you. This is the formula.


Thank you for this.

Anyone else in the field who can share? Interested in both eventual pay and the pay until you got there.
Back to top
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

View latest: 24h 48h 72h


Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Working Women

Related Topics Replies Last Post
Building a custom home in Lakewood
by amother
27 Today at 1:54 pm View last post
Trip/restaurant halfway monsey and lakewood
by amother
3 Yesterday at 11:40 pm View last post
Speech Therapy (articulation) Lakewood
by rrrrr
0 Fri, Dec 02 2022, 11:40 am View last post
S/O Going rental rate for house in Lakewood area
by amother
23 Fri, Dec 02 2022, 9:17 am View last post
Does anyone in Lakewood do cooking competitions?
by amother
6 Thu, Dec 01 2022, 11:46 pm View last post