Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Circle wall hanging: family photo

amother
OP

Post Fri, Nov 25 2022, 10:12 am
We did a fall photoshoot 2 weeks ago and I went back to choose my photos last night. There's one gorgeous one of my 4 kids together that I love and want order for my living room wall.

One of the options the photographer offered was a circle shape. It was a glass like finish and looked beautiful but I'm not sure about the round shape. Apparently it's very on trend now but I'm afraid of new things. Is this going to go out of style very quickly? I'm spending a small fortune on it, will I regret not having taken a traditional rectangular canvas or metal?

What are your thoughts?

Anon because I've driven all my friends crazy about this already and don't want them to recognise my screen name

amother
Almond

Post Fri, Nov 25 2022, 10:51 am
Do you have access to the photos?

If you do, maybe try printing the family picture on a cheap foam board circle, hang with double sided tape, and then see if it’s something you want to invest in.

amother
OP

Post Sat, Nov 26 2022, 5:56 pm
Good voch

What do you mean access to the photos?

I've paid to receive the digital images when they are ready, yes. Where would I order a foam circle print? And will the color and quality be decent?

She actually showed me what it will look like on my wall, in a circle shape. She had this cool software that shows it on your own wall. I liked it - just wondering if it's something I'll regeret investing in. And if a traditional wall hanging is better.

I thought I'd ask the imas on here who are good at interior design! Or just happen to always know what looks good!

amother
Amaranthus

Post Sat, Nov 26 2022, 5:59 pm
There’s only so long you will keep it up anyways.

In 3 years from now you might have more kids, or might want an updated picture hanging for any reason.

Yes it’s trending now.

If you like the look, go for it.

amother
Peach

Post Sat, Nov 26 2022, 6:04 pm
Sounds really nice!

bracing

Post Sat, Nov 26 2022, 6:55 pm
If you love it you'll be happy to have it even when it's not on trend. If you're not sure does that mean u don't love it? Or you need time to get used to something new?

amother
OP

Post Sat, Nov 26 2022, 6:57 pm
bracing wrote:
If you love it you'll be happy to have it even when it's not on trend. If you're not sure does that mean u don't love it? Or you need time to get used to something new?

I have a hard time making decisions in general, especially on big purchases.

I do love it. It's different. But it's my first time buying a wall art item from a photographer and I just hope it's the right thing. I'm sometimes so jealous of people who don't overthink things and are quick decision makers.

amother
Papayawhip

Post Sat, Nov 26 2022, 8:24 pm
amother Amaranthus wrote:
There’s only so long you will keep it up anyways.

In 3 years from now you might have more kids, or might want an updated picture hanging for any reason.

Yes it’s trending now.

If you like the look, go for it.

I have all my older family photos on my fireplace. I love having all of them on display.

mushkamothers

Post Sat, Nov 26 2022, 8:40 pm
maybe something to consider is where you would hang other photos. for example: is this circle going to stay in one spot that fits it perfectly? or will you want to hang more photos around it like a gallery wall?

amother
Ivory

Post Sat, Nov 26 2022, 9:35 pm
Personally I don’t like To spend much on trends. I’d rather invest in pieces that are traditional and will look good for a long time. I agree there is probably a way to duplicate the look for cheaper.

amother
Mayflower

Post Sat, Nov 26 2022, 10:37 pm
I'd definitely go for the new look.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics