Home

Urn - Does it need to have shabbos mode?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note

View latest: 24h 48h 72h

amother

OP

Post Sat, Nov 26 2022, 7:10 pm
Do I need to buy an urn from a Jewish company? I heard that refilling on yom tov might be a problem…?

Elfrida

Post Sat, Nov 26 2022, 8:37 pm
Some have an indicator light that comes on when they are heating up water. So if you refill it on Yom Tov, it will switch from keeping the water hot to boiling cold water. The indicator light will come on, to show what it is doing, and possibly additional electric circuits are activated.

If you buy one of these, you can just boil water on the stove on Yom Tov.

amother

Opal

Post Sat, Nov 26 2022, 9:12 pm
Elfrida wrote:
Some have an indicator light that comes on when they are heating up water. So if you refill it on Yom Tov, it will switch from keeping the water hot to boiling cold water. The indicator light will come on, to show what it is doing, and possibly additional electric circuits are activated.

If you buy one of these, you can just boil water on the stove on Yom Tov.

I'll add the light on my Hamilton beach only turns on If the water gets cold enough so we just add a few cups at a time and wait for it to heat or preboil on the stove
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

View latest: 24h 48h 72h

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note