Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Covid-how many times had it?
Previous  1  2  3  Next

How many times have you had COVID?
1 time  
 32%  [ 84 ]
2 times  
 33%  [ 86 ]
3 times  
 10%  [ 28 ]
4 times  
 1%  [ 3 ]
5 times  
 0%  [ 2 ]
6 times+  
 0%  [ 1 ]
Never/0 times  
 20%  [ 54 ]
Total Votes : 258

amother
Lily

Post Sun, Nov 27 2022, 12:34 am
We have temp lost our sense of smell with the current strain of flu as well as good old strept.

I think its time to refresh our memories that old fashioned common colds also made us lose our smell for a bit

Grandma 1

Post Sun, Nov 27 2022, 12:35 am
amother Cerulean wrote:
Grandma is vaccinated and triple boosted, so that shouldn’t be a problem.

According to the antivaccers who think that the COVID vaccine is so harmful, why would you want your Grandparents to take it?
And why have the many Grandparents that did take it, not been harmed by it?

amother
Candycane

Post Sun, Nov 27 2022, 12:37 am
amother Blue wrote:
Right. Because if you test you can't spread it to others but if you don't test then everyone's grandmother dies.

Ur very intelligent lol
If you test you can stay home so others don’t get it! Simple as that Smile
Recently caught Covid and it’s been hell

amother
Poinsettia

Post Sun, Nov 27 2022, 12:39 am
amother Candycane wrote:
Ur very intelligent lol

And with being sick and it being hell you were out and about or in bed. When I am sick I stay home.

ohmygosh

Post Sun, Nov 27 2022, 12:39 am
Grandma 1 wrote:
According to the antivaccers who think that the COVID vaccine is so harmful, why would you want your Grandparents to take it?

This was not the point of the thread. Can we not derail? It's really annoying.

amother
Cerulean

Post Sun, Nov 27 2022, 12:41 am
Grandma 1 wrote:

Many grandmas and sadly young people were harmed by the vaccine. What exactly are you trying to say here?

momof2+?

Post Sun, Nov 27 2022, 12:41 am
mommy3b2c wrote:
Two that I know of. I don’t test anymore so no idea if more then that. I just had seven days of straight fever. I think it was the flu but who knows ?

I hope that means you are feeling better?
Glad to hear!

amother
Blue

Post Sun, Nov 27 2022, 12:44 am
amother Candycane wrote:
Ur very intelligent lol

Yes, I am very intelligent. So much so that I can stay home and avoid contact with others when sick even without taking a test.

Wishing you a refuah sheleimah!

Grandma 1

Post Sun, Nov 27 2022, 1:00 am
amother Cerulean wrote:
Many grandmas and sadly young people were harmed by the vaccine. What exactly are you trying to say here?

I know many people that had the vaccine and boosters- and none were harmed.

LovesHashem

Post Sun, Nov 27 2022, 1:11 am
I had omicron and did test at the time especially because my workplace was taking it seriously and I got to work from home then.

Actually felt pretty sick so I had to take some sick days.

Since then I've never tested. But my smell comes and goes for the past few months.

amother
Cerulean

Post Sun, Nov 27 2022, 1:13 am
Grandma 1 wrote:
I know many people that had the vaccine and boosters- and none were harmed.

Good for you. Thank Hashem for that.

Grandma 1

Post Sun, Nov 27 2022, 1:18 am
ohmygosh wrote:
This was not the point of the thread. Can we not derail? It's really annoying.

It was in response to amother Cerulean.
Threads evolve.

Grandma 1

Post Sun, Nov 27 2022, 1:20 am
amother Cerulean wrote:
Good for you. Thank Hashem for that.

I most certainly do.

amother
DarkMagenta

Post Sun, Nov 27 2022, 1:23 am
AFAIK I had it once in October 2020. DH tested positive and I got sick two days later. We are not vaccinated and didn't take any precautions since the beginning. Except for those two weeks in October, neither I nor DH were not feeling well for more than a day b'h b'ah since March 2020. So even without testing, my guess is we haven't had it before or after.

Highstrung

Post Sun, Nov 27 2022, 7:18 am
I have a stash of tests at home and when some one here feels like they don’t feel well, can’t smell, have a sore throat or cold symptoms we test first. If it’s not Covid I then go to the doctor to check for strep etc.

Ema of 5

Post Sun, Nov 27 2022, 7:29 am
amother OP wrote:
Gut voch! Curious how many times you've had COVID? I have a cold and lost my sense of smell and I'm thinking what if it's COVID? but if so it's the 4th or 5th time!! I can't smell anything! Refuah shleima all and a healthy winter

I had it two times that I am aware of. Never lost my taste and smell. I didn’t test while I was sick, but I tested for antibodies a week or two after I got better, and both times they were very high. My doc said both times to assume it had been covid.

Ema of 5

Post Sun, Nov 27 2022, 7:33 am
Grandma 1 wrote:
No, if you don’t test, it is likely because you don’t want to know, so you don’t have to bother quarantining, wearing a mask, or taking precautions so as not to infect others.
So yes, you might very well be the cause of someone’s Grandmother getting very sick or possibly dying. At least admit you don’t care.
Hope that that Grandmother isn’t your own.

Actually, I didn’t test because I and my kids were both home ANYWAY during the time that I was sick. The people who came in and out of my house knew I was sick. I was upstairs in my room while I had fever and more than just cold symptoms. The second time I got it, I actually had NO symptoms, and only tested for antibodies because I was curious. I wouldn’t have tested for covid when I had it because I had no symptoms.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 27 2022, 9:21 am
amother Oldlace wrote:
I've had it 5 times
March 2020
November 2021
March 2022
July 2022
September 2022

I completely lost my sense of smell in November 2021. Every time I think it might be coming back somewhat, I get Covid again, and my sense of smell is gone again. Very frustrating. It's so hard to cook.

Omg! It sounds like we are almost twins. It's so frustrating BH! Yes my smell completely disappears like not smelling a dirty diaper or something burning in the oven, and eating is a whole diff experience. I'm glad we made this post because I just didn't realize people could get it so many times. I'm in brooklyn, curious where are you located? In the past I tested because maybe I was more vulnerable, or traveling or I wanted antibodies, or I thought it was strep or something else and tested anyway. I don't know if I would necessarily test right now, I think it's just a cold but then again my sense of smell is completely gone and my cleaning lady told me she has COVID and cancelled so I thought oy maybe that's it again.. I hope you get your sense of smell back in full force!

newinbp

Post Sun, Nov 27 2022, 9:25 am
amother Lily wrote:
We have temp lost our sense of smell with the current strain of flu as well as good old strept.

I think its time to refresh our memories that old fashioned common colds also made us lose our smell for a bit

Really? I mean I've bad flus, colds, strep, and tons of nasal allergies over the years probably sinus infections as well, and nothing has affected my sense of smell like COVID. Your sense of smell disappeared from the flu?

MiracleMama

Post Sun, Nov 27 2022, 9:31 am
amother Lily wrote:

I really think it's different. So many times when I've had colds it's hard to smell anything from being stuffed up, and everything tastes off too. With Covid it's not congestion-related and for many people those symptoms linger for months and months after recovery.
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics