Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
What can I do for my sheitel? HELP!

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 27 2022, 9:32 am
I recently bought a human hair sheitel after wearing synthetic for many years.

I noticed over Shabbos that after 2 months of wearing it, it's a bit "flat" and probably needs a wash. I've always washed my synthetic ones, but honestly I paid so much for my new one that I'm afraid I'll ruin it!

HOWEVER, I have a Chasuna to go to tomorrow and obviously that's not enough time to get it washed and set.

Is there anything I can do to make the shaitel a bit less "flat" and to kind of freshen it up a bit? It's straight, a bit below shoulder length, no bangs.

Any advice on how to make it look a bit nicer for the chasuna would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

ra_mom

Post Sun, Nov 27 2022, 9:57 am
Buy a dry shampoo spray at the pharmacy. Section wig, spray and brush lightly with wide tooth wig brush. Then turn wig upside down on wig head and give it a shake to fluff it back up. Turn back over and brush back into its style.

You can wash your own wig, it's just that you may want to try it during a calm time, when there's no pressure for it to look a certain way in time for tomorrow. Then if you don't like the way it looks, you can bring it in to a professional to wash and set again properly. At least you'll know you tried it yourself.
https://youtu.be/O8h11GGTso4

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 27 2022, 10:23 am
ra_mom wrote:
Buy a dry shampoo spray at the pharmacy. Section wig, spray and brush lightly with wide tooth wig brush. Then turn wig upside down on wig head and give it a shake to fluff it back up. Turn back over and brush back into its style.

You can wash your own wig, it's just that you may want to try it during a calm time, when there's no pressure for it to look a certain way in time for tomorrow. Then if you don't like the way it looks, you can bring it in to a professional to wash and set again properly. At least you'll know you tried it yourself.
https://youtu.be/O8h11GGTso4

OP here: The dry shampoo is Ok for the sheitel? Any particular brand?

amother
Brickred

Post Sun, Nov 27 2022, 10:50 am
Put it in rollers, by tomorrow you won’t believe what a big difference there will be.

MonseyMommy3

Post Sun, Nov 27 2022, 10:59 am
my sheitel macher taught me to brush it against the part... like brush from the front of the part all the way back, and just brush through the whole thing carefully.... try not to rip out hair
she told me to do this before putting it on every time.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 27 2022, 11:41 am
amother Brickred wrote:
Put it in rollers, by tomorrow you won’t believe what a big difference there will be.

OP here: Should I dampen the sheitel with water before using rollers?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels