Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Who can help with this? (Finances)

amother
OP

Post Mon, Nov 28 2022, 6:10 pm
We have been B"H making ends meet comfortably for the past 10 years. We saved money, bought a house, gave ma'aser monthly, and paid off our credit card bills and all utilities without a problem. The caveat: We never had a budget. It kind of just always worked out. Once in a blue we would take money out of savings to help with a larger credit card bill, but it never made such a dent. Somehow it just always worked out.

However, we are sitting on some savings and would like to figure out how to be more strategic with our money. We need someone who can look at our overall income and expenses, help us work out a budget, and make a plan for continuing to give tzedakah, save and invest. Neither us are the type who can self-educate.

I understand there is something called a "financial planner." However, we also need someone who can help us with budgeting. Is there anyone who does both? If so, does anyone have a recommendation of someone who works remotely or in the NYC area?

amother
DarkOrange

Post Mon, Nov 28 2022, 6:15 pm
Mesila might be able to help with this

amother
OP

Post Mon, Nov 28 2022, 6:22 pm
I would like to add that we are kind of considered "low income." We are simple people making around 75k/year b"H. Family size 7.

amother
Mintcream

Post Mon, Nov 28 2022, 6:23 pm
Wow sounds like you already have finances down pat. Kol hakavod
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics