Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Desperately need advice....
Previous  1  2  3  Next

Chana Miriam S

Post Tue, Nov 29 2022, 12:47 am
This is an excellent podcast to listen to. Some amazing stories https://youtu.be/xjEFo3a1AnI

I know that my mental health is incredibly improved and it started before I lost significant weight. This podcast is very compelling and the guest knows what he’s talking about.

amother
Lightcyan

Post Tue, Nov 29 2022, 12:56 am
[quote="miami85"]Please look into the TrimYou spray. I'm also on a current plan to lose a lot of weight and I've lost 30 lbs since sukkos, with more to go but I'm almost done with this round. Is it easy? Depends on your lifestyle, but definitely doable. If you follow the rules, you lose the weight. They have support and will guide you through everything. You can PM me with questions.

https://trimyouspray.com/[/quot

Can you share more about it?

Is it the kind of thing where you gain back double ?

amother
Lightcyan

Post Tue, Nov 29 2022, 12:57 am
miami85 wrote:
Please look into the TrimYou spray. I'm also on a current plan to lose a lot of weight and I've lost 30 lbs since sukkos, with more to go but I'm almost done with this round. Is it easy? Depends on your lifestyle, but definitely doable. If you follow the rules, you lose the weight. They have support and will guide you through everything. You can PM me with questions.

https://trimyouspray.com/

miami85

Post Tue, Nov 29 2022, 1:15 am
[quote="amother Lightcyan"]
miami85 wrote:
Please look into the TrimYou spray. I'm also on a current plan to lose a lot of weight and I've lost 30 lbs since sukkos, with more to go but I'm almost done with this round. Is it easy? Depends on your lifestyle, but definitely doable. If you follow the rules, you lose the weight. They have support and will guide you through everything. You can PM me with questions.

https://trimyouspray.com/[/quot

I *personally* have not experienced it--but I've done it between pregnancies to get to a healthier starting point, so I wasn't exactly trying. My husband did it with me and he did keep it off for 2 years until life circumstances and stress caused him to gain again. Right now I'm determined to try keeping it off. I know it's not "easy" to keep weight off without true lifestyle changes. The protocol does have specific instructions about how to keep the weight off as long as you follow the rules. It has to do with finding out what triggers your body to gain weight and avoiding those triggers.

amother
Lightcyan

Post Tue, Nov 29 2022, 1:34 am
It just requires reading a book and following the instructions?

Or does it also require specific supplements/sprays....?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Nov 29 2022, 2:05 am
thank you so much everyone for your help,
my husband loves me and thinks im skinny lol! he does support my diet as well. he just wants me to be happy. but Hes the best thing that ever happened to me. and whatever self-esteem I do still have is all thanks to him.
I would love to try this trim you spray.
and I'll definitely check out insta and check out the link andrea levy posted
thanks again everyone! I really appreciate all your help.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Nov 29 2022, 2:12 am
is this trim you spray a spray or a diet plan?
checked website it looks like they have both. can I order spray without following diet? (im doing a basic no carb no sugar diet now) or will it only be affective if I follow their book?

amother
NeonGreen

Post Tue, Nov 29 2022, 5:05 am
amother OP wrote:
is this trim you spray a spray or a diet plan?
checked website it looks like they have both. can I order spray without following diet? (im doing a basic no carb no sugar diet now) or will it only be affective if I follow their book?

Please read this about avoiding carbs. I had a neighbor who got very sick from avoiding carbs.
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.go.....diet.

amother
NeonGreen

Post Tue, Nov 29 2022, 5:08 am
If you don't want to gp to the link, it said "Complications such as heart arrhythmias, cardiac contractile function impairment, sudden death, osteoporosis, kidney damage, increased cancer risk, impairment of physical activity and lipid abnormalities can all be linked to long-term restriction of carbohydrates in the diet."

amother
Gray

Post Tue, Nov 29 2022, 6:04 am
What exercises are you
? If you do cardio, it will only burn a limited amount of calories but during weight training incl using your body weight will help grow your muscle and continuously burn calories and improve metabolism.

miami85

Post Tue, Nov 29 2022, 9:01 am
amother Lightcyan wrote:
It just requires reading a book and following the instructions?

Or does it also require specific supplements/sprays....?

I requires the spray+ diet in tandem but if you trust the protocol you will lose weight and you lose it fast. You can lose around 30-35 lbs every 3 months. I was my heaviest at the end of my last pregnancy and I just had bloodwork done and EVERYTHING is in the healthy range.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Nov 29 2022, 11:06 am
I do 3 times a week yoga, weights, muscle toning, stretching

amother
OP

Post Tue, Nov 29 2022, 11:07 am
I do 3 times a week yoga, weights, muscle toning, stretching

miami85

Post Tue, Nov 29 2022, 11:54 am
amother NeonGreen wrote:
Please read this about avoiding carbs. I had a neighbor who got very sick from avoiding carbs.
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.go.....diet.

So yea the NIH doesn't like the diet--but remember this is the same NIH that has told you to wear a mask and get 2 vaccines and 3 boosters--so without getting political, if you understand the diet, you realize that they seem to care more about people feeding the medical system than actually getting healthy.

I had a friend a few years back who was peddling Optavia to me and I was very close to trying it--but the cost was a big factor, and I remember her telling me "it's much easier to exercise and stay motivated when you aren't carrying around 60 extra lbs"--or whatever it is and that really spoke to me.

The think about TrimYou is that it's not a "forever diet"--you lose the weight, you stabilize and then you work in foods in moderation. I know my husband "doesn't like the diet"--because he doesn't like the way he feels on it--so I steered him towards Keto, and he's been doing it--for over a year, and every time he takes a break--we had a baby so we were getting meals, we were getting food for other reasons etc. he gains it all back, because doing keto is a lifestyle and your body doesn't remember what to do with carbs so you just get bloated and retain water. The TrimYou diet doesn't keep you away from carbs forever, and you are supposed to systematically add them back in so you learn if it is a true trigger for you.

Dr. Simeons protocol specifically states that the risks associated from TrimYou are no more dangerous than staying obese.

TrimYou is kosher and it is possible to do over shabbos without sabotaging yourself like keto does. It requires some self-discipline, but even if you cheat, ok so you don't lose your lb that day, just get back on the bandwagon and keep going. The spray keeps your cravings at bay--I am making my kids all of MY favorite foods and not nibbling on their leftovers. I look at my bowl of food--yea it can be strange at times, but with the seasonings and spices YUM it tastes good, and I'm not starving, and it's only as expensive as you have the time and energy for. You have to make a lot of your own food, but the weight loss phase I can batch make a lot of meals at once and put them in the freezer and pop the main into the oven for 20-30 mins and have my meal. If you live in a big Jewish city it's much easier to access the vegetables that don't have to be washed/checked etc. Phase 3 (maintenance) is weird but very personal so it's hard to advise and it can be challenging, but I find it so much easier figuring out how to stablize day-to-day than what combination to eat for an entire week and then see if the scale moved a milimeter to the left.
My body just gets comfy at whatever weight I'm at otherwise and if I "eat less" then I just get more hungry later. If I exercise, I just eat more afterwards.
Right now if I can get to a point where I am not carrying an extra 60lbs and I can exercise and feel good and have more energy, then I feel like I won't be emotionally eating anymore, or at the very least I can address it having gained a few pounds--not 30.

amother
Powderblue

Post Tue, Nov 29 2022, 7:27 pm
If you’re an emotional eater, I wonder if you’ve ever considered Overeaters Anonymous.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Nov 29 2022, 9:55 pm
never heard of it... would love to hear more about it

amother
Daylily

Post Tue, Nov 29 2022, 10:02 pm
miami85 wrote:

https://trimyouspray.com/

Seems interesting. Can you tell me what you eat on a typical day?

amother
Forestgreen

Post Tue, Nov 29 2022, 10:59 pm
would you mind sharing how much weight you gained? it seems to me like maybe it is more of a psychological type issue rather then a major weight issue, there is a disorder called body dysmorphic disorder where people see themselves as differently than they really are. TBH you sound obsessed about your weight, before you pursue surgery, I would suggest seeing if it might be more of a mental issue.

amother
Powderblue

Post Tue, Nov 29 2022, 11:14 pm
OA is a 12 step program that seeks to address the underlying causes of emotional eating. It seems to be effective for people that are invested in making it work.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Nov 29 2022, 11:42 pm
I gained about 50 lbs. so I don't think this is a phycological issue except at this point it might become.

about the OA thanks but I don't think its gonna work for me, my concentration spam is very short nowadays and it's kind of the same idea as therapy which I really do not want to do now.
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise